- 01 Sep 1412:16 AMThe Chhattisgarh government had approved the rehabilitation plan for the people affected by the Talaipalli coalmine of the National Thermal Power Corporation (NTPC) in Raigarh district.
- 30 Aug 1412:48 AMThe Supreme Court verdict terming coal block allocations between 1993 and 2010 illegal may put state-run power major NTPC's plans to acquire stranded generation plants in jeopardy.12:30 AMState-owned power company NTPC is looking to Prime Minister Narendra Modi's proposed visit to the US to realise its plan for the country's first geothermal power project.
- 29 Aug 1406:30 PMState-owned power major NTPC is looking at Prime Minister Narendra Modi's proposed visit to the United States to harness its plan for the country's first eco-thermal project.05:25 PMThe country's largest power producer, NTPC Ltd, today remained optimistic of the super critical 1,320 MW Katwa thermal plant in West Bengal.
- 28 Aug 1412:45 AMPower generation capacity of 7,250 Mw was shut in the western region on Wednesday.
- 27 Aug 1406:16 PMFacing shortage in domestic fuel supplies, state-owned NTPC plans to import 17 million metric tonnes of coal this fiscal which is higher than the quantity purchased last financial year.04:16 PMPinning hopes on the new government's initiatives, NTPC today said plans to provide round-the-clock electricity to every household in the country translates to robust growth opportunities amid challenges faced by the power sector.
- 20 Aug 1407:03 PMNational Thermal Power Corporation (NTPC) had curtailed the power it had been supplying to Chhattisgarh plunging the state to face electricity crises.The country’s largest power producer, NTPC, has two major power projects in Chhattisgarh.12:44 AMNTPC is keen to join hands with Coal India Ltd (CIL) and Bharat Heavy Electricals Ltd (BHEL) to augment its generation capacity and capability, which have been hit by coal shortage.12:43 AMNTPC’s largest power plant at Vindhyachal in Madhya Pradesh with a capacity of 4,260 Mw is facing shut-down due to paucity of coal supply from Northern Coalfields. The company said it would stop operations if fuel shortage continues.
- 12 Aug 1404:50 PMFlushed with funds, retirement fund body EPFO has proposed to invest up to Rs 10,000 crore in secured non-convertible bonds of state-run power producer NTPC starting from the current fiscal under a long term agreement.
- 09 Aug 1405:16 PMThe Odisha government has taken exception to the Centre's proposal to phase out four old thermal units of NTPC Ltd with combined capacity of 250 Mw at its Talcher Thermal power station (TTPS).
- 05 Aug 1405:32 PMThe Competition Commission has rejected allegations that power major NTPC abused its dominant position in the market with respect to purchase or sale of services of a mine developer and operator.
- 04 Aug 1405:10 PMThe Centre today said it has taken up with states issues concerning delays in production in captive mines alloted to NTPC for early resolution.
- 01 Aug 1412:39 AMNTPC, the largest thermal power producer in the country, registered a decline of 13 per cent in profit, owing to new tariff regulation.
- 30 Jul 1406:14 PMCountry's largest power producer NTPC has sought shareholders' nod for raising up to Rs 13,000 crore through issue of securities.
- 27 Jul 1412:29 AMThe plant is to be implemented by Bangladesh India Friendship Power Company Ltd (BIFPCL) - an equal joint venture between NTPC and the Bangladesh Power Development Board. It would have two units, each having 660 Mw generation capacity, fired by coal.
- 23 Jul 1412:10 AMNTPC Ltd, which operates three coal-fired power plants in Odisha with installed capacity of 3460 Mw, said it has no coal supply problems from coal miner Mahanadi Coalfields Ltd (MCL).
- 19 Jul 1412:04 AMThe Kudgi Thermal Power Plant at Kudgi in Bijapur district of Karnataka now wears a deserted look with over 5,000 workers leaving the site enmasse. The work at the plant has hence come to a standstill.