- 27 Jul 1412:29 AMThe plant is to be implemented by Bangladesh India Friendship Power Company Ltd (BIFPCL) - an equal joint venture between NTPC and the Bangladesh Power Development Board. It would have two units, each having 660 Mw generation capacity, fired by coal.
- 23 Jul 1412:10 AMNTPC Ltd, which operates three coal-fired power plants in Odisha with installed capacity of 3460 Mw, said it has no coal supply problems from coal miner Mahanadi Coalfields Ltd (MCL).
- 19 Jul 1412:04 AMThe Kudgi Thermal Power Plant at Kudgi in Bijapur district of Karnataka now wears a deserted look with over 5,000 workers leaving the site enmasse. The work at the plant has hence come to a standstill.
- 17 Jul 1402:36 PMSix of India's coal-fired power plants do not have enough stocks to weather even a "small" disruption in supplies, with fuel reserves sufficient for only up to two days, the country's largest power producer has warned.01:48 PMNearly half of the thermal power plants in the country, including over 20,000 MW capacity stations of state-run NTPC, are reeling under coal shortage with stocks to last less than a week, an official data said.12:50 PMOf the 34 proposals received by country's largest power utility NTPC for takeover, the company said it has found only about five offers worth considering.12:16 AMNTPC has said Tata Power's unit can't unilaterally call off pacts with it, and should compensate the state-run firm if it decides to do so.
- 16 Jul 1412:44 AMThe Ratnagiri Gas & Power Pvt Ltd (RGPPL) on Tuesday indicated that lenders of the 1,967 Mw Dabhol project, might declare it a non-performing asset (NPA) within the next two weeks.
- 15 Jul 1402:58 PMAlstom and NASL have bagged a contract worth 13 million euro (Rs 107.4 crore) from NTPC for renovation and modernisation of the state-run firm's Odisha thermal power plant.12:47 AMWith generation capacity of about 43,000 Mw, NTPC has been at the fore of all government programmes related to power.
- 09 Jul 1405:35 PMOil explorer ONGC again emerged as the highest profit-making PSU of the country during 2012-13 while telecom major BSNL turned out to be the biggest loss-making enterprise, says the Economic Survey.
- 08 Jul 1406:48 PMReeling under fuel shortage and power crisis, the newly formed state of Telangana has received an investment assurance by NTPC, India's largest thermal power producer for setting up a 4,000 mw power plant.06:20 PMNTPC Limited chairman and managing director Arup Roy Choudhury on Tuesday met with chief ministers of Telangana and Andhra Pradesh to get their support for the two 4,000 mw size projects it intends to set up in the respective states.05:40 PMState-run NTPC is expected to commence work on the first unit of the proposed 4,000 mw (5x800) power plant at Ramagundam in Telangana immediately.
- 02 Jul 1401:19 PMThe assurance was given by Union Minister of State for Coal, Power and Renewable Energy (Independent Charge) Piyush Goyal during a meeting with Chief Minister Nabam Tuki in New Delhi yesterday, a statement from the CMO said here today.
- 30 Jun 1408:30 PMThe Union power ministry has agreed to allocate an additional 177-Mw of power from NTPC’s Jajjar power plant to Andhra Pradesh.
- 29 Jun 1411:20 AMThe three coal blocks were earlier forfeited from the state-run company by the Coal Ministry as it failed to develop them within the stipulated timeframe.
- 27 Jun 1412:26 AMWith lack of transmission infrastructure hurting electricity availability, the power ministry today approved a Rs 12,500 crore package for development of nine high capacity transmission projects.
- 26 Jun 1404:42 PMStating that some of the power plants of the companies like NTPC and Lanco are facing coal supply problem, the Power Ministry has sought the intervention of Coal and Power Minister Piyush Goyal for an urgent resolution.02:20 PMThe Centre is working towards providing good quality electricity at affordable tariff to Andhra Pradesh in the next one year and help the southern state initiate power reforms.