- 08 Dec 1312:19 PMPursuing its overseas expansion strategy, state-owned Coal India Ltd (CIL) is actively looking at as many as five proposals for acquisition of mines in Indonesia.
- 04 Dec 1312:45 AMAmid the opposition to plans of disinvestment in Bharat Heavy Electricals Ltd (Bhel) and Coal India Ltd (CIL), Prime Minister Manmohan Singh on Tuesday asked the nodal ministries of these entities to consider various options for selling stake in these
- 03 Dec 1308:10 PMCoal India subsidiary Mahanadi Coalfields Ltd (MCL) has estimated the losses, incurred due to stop of work following Friday’s violence at its Talcher coalfields and subsequent imposition of prohibitory orders in the area, at Rs 261 crore.04:07 PMState-owned Coal India has signed fuel supply agreements (FSAs) for capacity of 71,500 MW, a top company official said.03:54 PMCoal India Ltd today said the production target of 482 million tonne for the current fiscal looks challenging in view of the shutdown of mining activities in Talcher Coalfields in Odisha, and Cyclone Phailin.
- 01 Dec 1311:22 AMThe Prime Minister's Office has called a meeting this week with the Coal Ministry to discuss issues pertaining to disinvestment in Coal India Ltd, ahead of the proposed 3-day strike by CIL union against the government's stake-sale plan.10:48 AMCoal Minister Sriprakash Jaiswal has asked state-owned CIL to ensure that it meets production target for the ongoing fiscal.12:31 AMThe forced shutdown of Coal India Ltd (CIL) mines in Odisha's Talcher coalfield, owing to violent clashes between two worker groups, continued for the second day on Saturday, leading to the loss of 4,00,000 tonnes of coal output and halting 1,000 Mw of
- 29 Nov 1304:16 PMBharat Coking Coal Ltd, a unit of state-owned CIL, has invited expression of interest (EoI) for setting up a coal washery in Jharkhand.
- 27 Nov 1304:20 PMState miner Coal India Ltd (CIL) would soon be empowered to explore coal bed methane (CBM) gas in its mines, Petroleum Secretary Vivek Rae said today.01:07 PMGlobal consultancy firm Deloitte, which has been selected to carry out the study on restructuring of state-owned CIL, has been asked by the Coal Ministry to submit its report by next month.
- 26 Nov 1306:33 PMThe Coal Ministry today said it is evaluating bids for selection of a consultant for modernisation of the state-owned Coal India (CIL) mines.
- 24 Nov 1311:23 AMState-owned Coal India (CIL) has informed the government that it is hopeful of achieving this fiscal's 2014 capital expenditure target of Rs 9,000 crore.
- 22 Nov 1303:48 PMState-owned Coal India (CIL) has tweaked the provision pertaining to the settlement of disputes in the model fuel supply agreements (FSA) for the existing and new state-owned power utilities.
- 21 Nov 1312:48 AMWith at least three big-ticket stake sale plans lined up over the next few weeks, the Centre’s divestment drive is set to get a boost.12:13 AMWith Oil and Natural Gas Corporation (ONGC)’s net realisation coming down drastically for domestic projects, Planning Commission Deputy Chairman Montek Singh Ahluwalia said it made sense for the state-run company to invest abroad.
- 20 Nov 1305:56 PMCoal India Ltd , the world's biggest coal miner, has floated a tender seeking to import 5 million tonnes of coal to meet demand from power producers as the company continues to lag its production targets.03:27 PMState-owned Coal India Ltd (CIL) has invited applications from interested state entities for importing coal that would be supplied to power plants.
- 17 Nov 1311:50 AMThe government is likely to soon appoint three more independent directors on the board of the world's largest coal producer, Coal India Ltd (CIL).
- 14 Nov 1306:42 PMCoal India’s September 2013 quarter performance bore the brunt of lower realisations that surprised the Street, which along with higher expenses saw the profits coming in below expectations.