- 27 Jul 1410:26 AMState-owned Coal India (CIL) is yet to enter into fuel supply pacts with 12 power units as issues like change in ownership and extension of coal supplies are still being examined by the government.
- 23 Jul 1412:07 AMMahanadi Coalfields Ltd, a CIL subsidiary, has agreed to take back all the 122 employees in Odisha whose services were terminated for not vacating the land in lieu of which they were given employment.
- 22 Jul 1404:56 PMMahanadi Coalfields Ltd, a CIL subsidiary, has agreed to take back all the 122 employees in Odisha whose services were terminated for not vacating the land in lieu of which they were given employment.12:43 AMThe central advisory committee of the Union labour ministry has constituted two sub-committees to look into the employability of contract workers at various subsidiaries of Coal India Limited (CIL) and the Indira Gandhi International Airport (IGIA),
- 18 Jul 1412:45 AMThe Narendra Modi-led National Democratic Alliance government has given environment clearance to five projects since it took charge on May 26. A total of 394 projects are still awaiting approvals from the ministry of environment, forests and climate
- 13 Jul 1410:45 AMThe board of state-run Coal India (CIL) is looking into the quality issue, amid Power Ministry alleging that stones and boulders are still present in the fuel being supplied to power plants even after introduction of a third-party sampling mechanism.
- 11 Jul 1406:40 PMState-run Coal India today started production at its 12 million tonne per annum (MTPA) coal mine in Jharkhand, a move that may increase supply to fuel-starved power plants.04:44 PMThe government is open to hiring chairman and managing director of state-owned Coal India Ltd from the private sector, Coal and Power Minister Piyush Goyal said today.04:22 PMState-owned Coal India (CIL) is likely increase the price of coal next month on the back of increases in clean energy cess in the budget and recent increase in fuel price.
- 09 Jul 1409:45 PMIn December 2006, the Supreme Court had temporarily banned Coal India Limited (CIL) from selling coal through electronic auctions on the ground that spot trading through such auctions was becoming a profit centre for the state-owned coal producer.02:46 PMThere is a need to restructure state behemoth Coal India Ltd quickly to raise output to feed fuel-starved power plants, the finance ministry said in the economic survey.
- 08 Jul 1401:41 AMNearly half of India's coal-fired power stations only have enough stocks to last a week, the power minister said, as the country struggles to connect millions to the grid and wrestles with a growing coal import bill.
- 06 Jul 1411:16 AMState-owned Coal India (CIL) has convened a meeting later this month to deliberate on the commercial development of underground coal gasification (UCG) in two identified coal blocks.
- 04 Jul 1412:46 AMCoal India (CIL) seems to be in a dilemma over its proposal to enter the fertiliser sector.
- 02 Jul 1403:28 PMState-owned Coal India (CIL) achieved an output of 34.54 million tonnes (MT) in June, missing its target of 36.54 MT.
- 29 Jun 1411:45 AMPutting speculation of breaking up state behemoth Coal India to rest, Power and Coal Minister Piyush Goyal has said the new government will not split the world's largest coal miner but will work to smoothen the edges and improve its performance.
- 27 Jun 1412:21 AMCoal India subsidiary Mahanadi Coalfields Ltd (MCL) fears coal production loss of 1,00,000 tonne per day at its key mining sites due to protest by nearby villagers over displacement issues.
- 26 Jun 1402:10 PMAmid fuel supply issues, state-owned Coal India (CIL) has so far signed fuel supply pacts with power plants for a capacity of only 73,075 MW.12:47 AMThe central government’s task of selling 14.65 per cent stake in Coal India (CIL) to meet the Securities and Exchange Board of India's recent directive of a minimum 25 per cent public shareholding in public sector undertakings (over a three-year12:04 AMThe government will raise its asset sale target by 41 per cent as FM Arun Jaitley looks to trim the widest budget deficit among emerging markets, according to two ministry officials with direct knowledge of the matter.