- 29 Aug 1401:45 PMThe Coal Ministry has asked Coal India (CIL) to prepare a detailed note on ways to fast-track extraction of coal from its mines which are explored and have got green clearance.
- 27 Aug 1402:50 PMThe former employees of Coal India Ltd have demanded that their pensions be revised, as the current pension scheme was implemented over 15 years ago.
- 26 Aug 1412:09 AMEven as the government is reiterating its plan to go ahead with a 10 per cent stake sale of Coal India (CIL), unions are hardening their stand to oppose the move.
- 25 Aug 1401:58 AMSeveral coal consumers who previously expressed interest in receiving imported coal from Coal India have gradually pulled out, sources said.
- 23 Aug 1406:14 PMClearing the air on Coal India Limited (CIL) board’s decision to not abide by government’s directive to cut down the amount of coal under e-auction, Piyush Goyal, minister for coal, power and renewable energy said the company never declined
- 20 Aug 1404:44 PMWith government's maiden auction of coal blocks failing to attract bidders, the Coal ministry is mulling to put up blocks after securing necessary environmental clearances, going forward.03:51 PMComplaining of inferior coal being supplied to its power plants, the Gujarat Government has asked the Centre to resolve the issue, saying it is impacting the utilities to the tune of Rs 400 crore per year.12:44 AMNTPC is keen to join hands with Coal India Ltd (CIL) and Bharat Heavy Electricals Ltd (BHEL) to augment its generation capacity and capability, which have been hit by coal shortage.
- 19 Aug 1403:30 PMState-owned Coal India Ltd, gas utility GAIL India and fertiliser majors RCF and FCIL will form two joint venture this month for revival of Talcher urea plant in Odisha at a cost of Rs 8,200 crore.
- 15 Aug 1412:36 AMThe policy on surplus coal, expected to be announced next month, is likely to bypass Coal India Ltd (CIL) and allow captive miners to transfer surplus coal from specified end-use plants to other plants operated by the same company.
- 14 Aug 1404:37 PMThe government plans to sell a 10% stake in state-owned Coal India Ltd, Power and Coal Minister Piyush Goyal said on Thursday. This will make it one of the many divestments proposed by the new government to bolster its stressed finances.
- 13 Aug 1412:56 AMDays after Union Coal & Power Minister Piyush Goyal announced in Parliament that Coal India Ltd (CIL) would halve its e-auction sales to make more coal available to the fuel-starved power sector, the board of the public-sector miner on Tuesday decided12:18 AMState-owned Coal India Ltd (CIL) on Tuesday reported a 8.09 per cent jump in the consolidated net profit at Rs 4,033 crore for the first quarter ended June 30 backing higher volumes.
- 08 Aug 1403:10 PMCoal and Power Minister Piyush Goyal has asked CIL to prepare an action plan by next month to liquidate 39 million tonnes of stock, as nearly half the thermal power plants in the country are reeling under fuel shortages with less than seven days of
- 05 Aug 1405:08 PMCoal and Power Minister Piyush Goyal has directed state-owned CIL and its subsidiaries to submit an immediate action plan to augment their output by 150 million tonnes (MT) within a year.
- 31 Jul 1403:12 PMThe process has been initiated to fill up the post of Chairman and Managing Director of state- owned Coal India Ltd (CIL) at the earliest, the government said today.02:14 PMGovernment has set a deadline of next month to constitute a panel of third party sampling agencies amid allegations that stones were being dispatched by Coal India Ltd even after the introduction of the mechanism to assess the fuel quality.
- 27 Jul 1410:26 AMState-owned Coal India (CIL) is yet to enter into fuel supply pacts with 12 power units as issues like change in ownership and extension of coal supplies are still being examined by the government.
- 23 Jul 1412:07 AMMahanadi Coalfields Ltd, a CIL subsidiary, has agreed to take back all the 122 employees in Odisha whose services were terminated for not vacating the land in lieu of which they were given employment.
- 22 Jul 1404:56 PMMahanadi Coalfields Ltd, a CIL subsidiary, has agreed to take back all the 122 employees in Odisha whose services were terminated for not vacating the land in lieu of which they were given employment.