- 20 Jun 1308:39 AMThe short-term trend for the Nifty is close to turning negative. The short-term trend will turn negative when the 20-DMA slips below 50-DMA.
- 19 Jun 1307:14 PMBringing Coal India a step closer to starting overseas production, the state-owned company has submitted its final report on social sector spending in its Mozambique project to the coal ministry.04:40 AMIt is not unusual for employees to question the rationale behind the restructuring of their company. But when the minister in charge for the sector himself says he is not convinced about the idea, the voices of discontent certainly become more prominent.01:11 AMOver 1,000 investor complaints have been pending against 28 listed companies, including ONGC, Coal India, ITC, Sterlite Industries and Zylog Systems, for more than two months, according to the regulator Sebi.
- 16 Jun 1310:51 AMThe Finance Ministry has floated a draft Cabinet note for 10% stake sale in Coal India through the Offer For Sale (OFS) route, which could fetch around Rs 20,000 crore to the exchequer.
- 14 Jun 1312:38 AMThe finance ministry is planning to go ahead with a 10 per cent stake sale in Coal India Ltd (CIL), which could fetch it around Rs 20,000 crore-half of its target of Rs 40,000 crore from disinvestment proceeds this year.
- 13 Jun 1306:07 PMEven as Union Finance Minister P Chidambaram today reiterated that the government would go ahead with the 10% stake sale of Coal India, unions seemed to be hardening their stand to oppose the move.
- 11 Jun 1308:51 AMAditya Birla Group, Coal India Ltd and China's state-owned Shenhua Group Corp Ltd are among companies considering bids for some of Rio Tinto Ltd's Australian coal assets, valued at an estimated $3.2 billion, people familiar with the matter told Reuters.
- 10 Jun 1303:41 PMThe board of state-owned Coal India Ltd (CIL) has given approval to renew the existing fuel supply pacts with the non-power producers, but with riders.
- 06 Jun 1304:30 AMOn 27 May, analysts tracking Coal India Ltd (CIL), the world's largest coal producer, got the shock of their lives: India's monopoly coal producer had posted an 18 per cent jump in net profit for the year ended March 2013.This increase in profit came
- 03 Jun 1302:09 PMState-run CIL today said it produced 34.5 million tonnes (MT) of coal in May, missing its target of 36.5 MT for the month.
- 30 May 1304:21 PMCoal India board has approved signing of FSA with power producers even in the absence of long-term purchase pacts between generation companies and distribution firms, but fuel supply will start only after inking of buying agreements.12:45 AMThe West Bengal Power Development Corporation (WBPDCL), a state government entity, has taken the Union government-controlled Coal India Ltd (CIL) to the competition regulator, alleging "abuse of monopolistic position in production and supply".
- 29 May 1312:44 AMCoal India Ltd (CIL) today announced a major overhaul in prices across the 17 grades of its output, increasing prices of low-grade coal by upto 11 per cent and slashing these of premium-quality coal by 12 per cent.12:41 AMShares of Coal India Ltd (CIL) gained as much as five per cent today after the company reported better-than-expected fourth quarter earnings and announced an increase in product prices for the first time in two years.
- 28 May 1307:15 PMCoal India surprised most analysts with robust quarterly results. It reported 35% year-on-year growth in net profit at Rs 5,414 crore for the quarter ended March 2013, which was far ahead of analysts’ expectations 5-6% increase in net profit.10:03 AMCoal India reported Q4FY13 consolidated numbers ahead of our expectation. Revenue increased by 3% y-o-y led by higher off-take and better than expected realization.09:16 AMCoal India has rallied 5% to Rs 329 in opening deals on BSE after it reported better-than-expected 35% year-on-year (yoy) jump in its consolidated net profit at Rs 5,413 crore for the fourth quarter ended March 31, 2013 on back of higher than expected12:27 AMOn the back of a higher offtake growth and lower wage bill, state-owned Coal India (CIL), today reported a 35 per cent rise in consolidated net profit to Rs 5,414 crore for the quarter ended March, compared with Rs 4,013 crore a year ago.
- 27 May 1306:32 PMState-owned Coal India (CIL) today reported almost 35% rise in the consolidated net profit at Rs 5,413.9 crore for the fourth quarter ended March 31 on the back of lower expenses.