- 04 Dec 1312:47 AMState-owned GAIL India Ltd has said it is in talks with Ophir Energy PLC for a stake in the latter’s offshore gas blocks in Tanzania.
- 03 Dec 1308:50 PMGujarat high court on Tuesday pulled up Centre for not being able to meet the deadline of November 30 in supplying cheap natural gas under administered price mechanism (APM) to Gujarat for domestic and vehicular use.05:14 PMGAIL (India) has moved higher by 3% at Rs 343 in late noon deals on BSE on reports that the state-run gas utility is in talks to buy a stake in the Tanzanian assets of British oil explorer Ophir Energy Plc.
- 02 Dec 1311:40 PMThe Dabhol power plant is so identified with its infamous parent, Enron, that many still recall how the then US Assistant Secretary Christina B Rocca said India's problems with foreign investment could be summed up in five letters: e-n-r-o-n.
- 01 Dec 1301:02 PMGAIL India, the nation's biggest natural gas distributor, has lost out on a bid to acquire Ophir Energy's stake in gas blocks in Tanzania to Singapore's Pavilion Energy.
- 29 Nov 1307:45 PMThe Government of Tamil Nadu has approached the Supreme Court of India seeking the apex court to quash the recent order of Madras High Court, which gave a green signal to the gas pipeline project of the Gas Authority of India Limited (GAIL) through seven
- 28 Nov 1312:36 AMThe Centre has set up a committee consisting of members from the Gas Authority of India Limited (GAIL), farmers' group and the Tamil Nadu Industrial Development Corporation to look into the complaints of the farmers related to the land acquisition for the
- 26 Nov 1312:53 AMState-owned gas utility GAIL India Ltd plans to set up a CNG Green Corridor between New Delhi and Mumbai in 12-18 months to facilitate vehicle refuelling, company Chairman B C Tripathi said today.
- 25 Nov 1301:41 PMThe Gas Authority of India (GAIL) today got relief, as the Madras High Court gave its nod for GAIL's pipeline project in Tamil Nadu.
- 19 Nov 1312:59 AMFollowing the Gujarat High Court directive of supplying compressed natural gas (CNG) to Gujarat at the same rate as Mumbai and Delhi, the Central government has issued guidelines to the Gas Authority of India Ltd (GAIL) to supply gas across the country at
- 29 Oct 1308:34 AMGAIL’s Q2FY14 result was below our expectation (after adjusting to subsidy) led be below expected profits from liquid hydrocarbon (LHC) and petrochemicals segment, partially offset by better profit from gas trading and transmission business.
- 26 Oct 1302:00 PMThe country's largest natural gas distributor GAIL (India) Ltd today entered into a memorandum of understanding with Paradip Port Trust (PPT) for setting up of an offshore LNG (liquefied natural gas) terminal at the port at a cost of Rs 3,108 crore.12:10 AMLosses in the liquefied petroleum gas (LPG) business saw GAIL India’s net profit fall seven per cent to Rs 916 crore for the quarter ended September 2013, compared with Rs 985 crore in the corresponding period last year.
- 25 Oct 1307:04 PMGAIL India Ltd, the nation's largest natural gas distributor, today reported a 7% drop in its September quarter profit after it made losses in the cooking gas (LPG) business.05:25 PMState-owned gas utility GAIL India Ltd today said it has sold more than a fourth of its 4.6% stake in Hong Kong-listed city gas distribution firm China Gas Holdings for Rs 385 crore.03:17 PMTotal Income has increased from Rs 11,664 crore for the quarter ended September 30, 2012 to Rs 14,224 crore for the quarter ended September 30, 2013. Other income stood at Rs 222 crore.
- 23 Oct 1308:06 PMPetroleum minister M Veerappa Moily today confirmed that state-run GAIL is bidding for deepwater blocks in Tanzania.
- 11 Oct 1304:27 PMThe government has given GAIL India Chairman and Managing Director B C Tripathi an additional five-year term as head of the state-owned gas utility.
- 03 Oct 1304:50 PMWest Bengal government has invited price bid for sale of its 31% stake on October 7, three sources with direct knowledge of the development said.
- 01 Oct 1312:13 AMThe 1,500-km Surat-Paradeep natural gas pipeline to be laid by GAIL (India) Ltd at a cost of Rs 10,300 crore will cover a stretch of 460 km in Odisha passing through nine districts of the state including the economically backward districts of Bolangir,