- 01 Sep 1410:39 AMShares of Bharti Airtel were up nearly 2% at Rs 377 after the telecom major's subsidiary entered into a deal to acquire Essar's Group telecom business in Kenya.
- 22 Aug 1401:54 PMBharti Airtel today said it has introduced a cross-network money transfer service in Tanzania by partnering with mobile operator Tigo.
- 19 Aug 1404:40 PMTelecom major Bharti Airtel is in advanced stage talks with American Tower Corporation (ATC) and Eaton Towers for selling its tower assets in several African countries, including Nigeria, Ghana and Uganda, sources aware of the development said.
- 13 Aug 1408:13 PMBharti Airtel may have to surrender excess spectrum in Mumbai service area as the company has marginally crossed maximum airwaves holding cap in the metro following its acquisition of a 4G company founded by US chip maker Qualcomm.
- 11 Aug 1403:44 PMGovernment has issued show cause notices to leading telecom companies--Airtel, Vodafone, Idea, Aircel, Reliance Communications and Tata Teleservices-- for under reporting their revenue while companies have refuted the charges, the Parliament was informed
- 08 Aug 1407:00 PMThe annual remuneration of telecom major Bharti Airtel's founder-Chairman Sunil Bharti Mittal dropped by about 45 lakh or 1.8% to Rs 23.88 crore in last financial year.11:17 AMBharti Airtel has raised about Rs 2,140 crore from a share sale in its unit Bharti Infratel to comply with a rule that requires listed companies to have a minimum 25% public shareholding.
- 07 Aug 1406:42 PMIndia's largest telecom operator Bharti Airtel today raised Rs 2,140 crore by paring 4.5% holding in tower arm Bharti Infratel. The share sale saw sufficient demand from investors helping the company exercise the so-called greenshoe option.
- 06 Aug 1406:42 PMBharti Airtel Africa, a subsidiary of India's largest cellular operator Bharti Airtel, on Wednesday, said it has entered into a partnership financial services institution BGFIBank Group to expand mobile money access to the later's customers in Africa.02:12 PMBharti Airtel has partnered with financial services institution BGFIBank Group to expand mobile money access to the latter's customers in four African countries.
- 05 Aug 1406:04 PMPrice increase pinches, be it of essential commodities or anything that adds up to the monthly expenses of the consumers.12:43 AMCellphone users talked less during April-June as mobile operators cut free talktime and other freebies.
- 04 Aug 1405:04 PMGovernment today said it has earned a total revenue of about Rs 35,792 crore from telecom companies under various charges during the last three years.
- 01 Aug 1410:28 AMTelecom stocks – Bharti Airtel, Idea Cellular and Reliance Communications (RCom) – are trading higher by as much as 3% on reports that mobile tariffs could rise between 8–9% going ahead.
- 31 Jul 1412:43 AMBharti Airtel, the country’s largest mobile telephone operator, will sell more infrastructure in Africa, said its chief financial officer, Nilanjan Roy, on Wednesday.This is to reduce debt and cut capital expenditure on passive infrastructure.
- 30 Jul 1412:39 AMBharti Airtel, the country’s largest cell phone operator, reported a 60.9 per cent jump in net income (net profit) during the April-June quarter at Rs 1,108 crore, backed by a 73.9 per cent jump in mobile data revenue.12:36 AMBharti Airtel's June quarter numbers, which beat estimates, show the telecom sector is out of the woods.
- 28 Jul 1406:11 PMBharti Airtel, the country's largest cellular operator, has crossed 300 million customers mark across its mobile, fixed line, DSL and DTH services, the company said in a statement on Monday.05:06 PMGSM operators added 2.10 million new subscribers in rural areas in June to take the overall rural user base to 302.73 million, industry body COAI said today.12:56 PMBharti Airtel has crossed 300 million customers mark across its operations globally, the company said in a statement here Monday.