- 17 May 1312:49 AMInvestment bankers have suggested that Bharti Airtel's top management hive off the company's African telecom tower assets into a separate company and then sell it to its listed subsidiary, Bharti Infratel, at a valuation of $2 billion.
- 13 May 1312:49 AMBharti Airtel has entered into a tie-up with US-based Genesys, to offer hosted contact centre (HCC) services, after it severed its collaboration with Chennai-based Servion Global Solutions, a customer interaction management (CIM) solutions
- 10 May 1312:50 AMTelecom companies are back to wooing subscribers with low rates. This time, however, they are not selling cheap calls; they are eyeing subscribers who have never used an internet plan.
- 04 May 1312:58 AMBharti Airtel, which yesterday reported a 49 per cent fall in fourth quarter profit, has sold a five per cent stake to Qatar Foundation Endowment (QFE) for $1.26 billion (Rs 6,796 crore).
- 03 May 1304:59 PMBharti Airtel (Bharti) announced today that it will issue ~200mn equity shares to Qatar Foundation Endowment (QFE) at Rs 340/ share (7.3% above current market price). The company will receive a total consideration of Rs 6,800 crore for the same.09:19 AMBharti Airtel is trading higher by 4% to Rs 329 in early morning deals, after its board approved allotment of around 20 million equity shares to Qatar Foundation Endowment SP at a price of Rs 340 per share for a total consideration of Rs 6,796 crore03:30 AMJust when Bharti Airtel got itself a consistent branding with instant recall, it lost the architect behind it all - Bharat Bambawale, the then-brand director for the company - in March, this year.02:36 AMBharti Airtel's headline numbers in the fourth quarter (Q4) of FY13 are disappointing. However, with pricing power returning to the sector, operating metrics are improving.12:49 AMBharti Airtel Ltd on Thursday reported a 49.4 per cent drop in net income at Rs 509 crore during the January-March quarter, disappointing market expectations.
- 02 May 1304:36 PMTelecom giant Bharti Airtel today said the net loss from African operations has widened to Rs 485.7 crore in the January-March quarter led by slowdown in economic activity and political instability.12:38 PMBharti Airtel, India's largest private telecom operator, today said it will acquire 30% stake in Bangladesh's Warid Telecom to make it a wholly-owned subsidiary of the firm.09:19 AMBharti Airtel has dipped almost 4% to Rs 307 in opening deals on BSE after reporting 49% year-on-year (yoy) drop in its consolidated net profit at Rs 509 crore for the quarter ended March 2013 (Q4) mainly due to higher depreciation and amortization12:57 AMBharti Airtel, India’s largest operator of wireless telephony, could be looking at the option of raising up to Rs 6,500 crore by issuing 20 crore fresh shares to investors abroad.
- 01 May 1312:35 AMBharti Infratel on Tuesday reported a 34.11 per cent jump in net profit at Rs 287 crore for the fourth quarter.
- 29 Apr 1308:40 PMThe Delhi High Court today asked Bharti Airtel to respond to a plea of state-owned BSNL seeking to implead itself as a party to a plea filed by the private telecom major against imposition of penalty of Rs 350 crore for offering 3G services in areas where11:15 AMA Delhi court today fixed July 8 for further proceedings in the additional 2G spectrum allocation case in which Bharti Cellular CMD Sunil Mittal, Essar Group promoter Ravi Ruia and others have been summoned as accused.
- 26 Apr 1306:10 PMBharti Cellular Limited CMD Sunil Bharti Mittal and Essar Group promoter Ravi Ruia today got a breather from the Supreme Court which exempted them from personal appearance in the trial court in a case of alleged irregularities related to allocation of11:15 AMBharti Airtel has surged 5% to Rs 320 after its closest rival, Idea Cellular has reported a better-than-expected 30% year-on-year jump in consolidated net profit for the quarter ended March 2013 (Q4) on back of growth in voice minutes and high data
- 25 Apr 1312:36 AMWith a number of private equity players evincing interest in Bharti Airtel's direct-to-home business (DTH) Airtel Digital TV, competition among bidders for a stake in the DTH arm has intensified.
- 24 Apr 1304:39 PMAs soon as the news of a deal between rivals Reliance Industries’ Reliance Jio Infocomm and Bharti Airtel hit the market, shares of Reliance Communications slipped by nearly five per cent on Tuesday.