- 16 Mar 1312:40 AMTwo of India’s biggest conglomerates, the Aditya Birla Group and the Vedanta group, are in talks with bankers to evaluate a bid for Rio Tinto’s Canada-based Iron Ore Company.
- 05 Mar 1303:30 AMNIFTYCurrent: 5,698 (futures: 5,722);Target: NASupport at 5,650 and resistance at 5,750 with the intermediate trend looking bearish.
- 03 Mar 1312:21 PMThe National Green Tribunal has dismissed Hindalco's plea challenging the Maharashtra government's refusal to grant it three more months, after expiry of its forest clearance, to transport around 1.6 lakh tonnes of bauxite mined from Kolhapur district.
- 14 Feb 1310:26 PMThe Hindalco Industries stock declined about two per cent to Rs 110.5 after its December quarter performance failed to cheer the Street.
- 09 Feb 1312:31 AMAditya Birla’s flagship company, Hindalco Industries, reported a four per cent drop in net profit for the third quarter ended December 31. Its standalone profit stood at Rs 434 crore against Rs 451 crore in the corresponding quarter last year.
- 08 Feb 1303:33 PMAditya Birla’s flagship company -- Hindalco Industries -- has reported a drop in its net profit for the third quarter ended December 31, 2012. Its standalone profit stood at Rs 434 crore as against Rs 451 crore in the same quarter of last fiscal.
- 18 Jan 1302:15 PMHindalco Industries, the metals flagship of the Aditya Birla Group, today said it has finalised arrangement for acquiring alumina refinery and bauxite mines in Brazil from its wholly-owned subsidiary Novelis as part of corporate reorganisation plan.
- 19 Dec 1212:20 AMNon-ferrous metal producers Hindalco and Sterlite Industries have seen a good run-up on the bourses, rising 18-23 per cent since their closing lows on November 19, led by a jump in underlying commodity prices on the London Metal Exchange (LME).
- 17 Dec 1210:18 AMDespite the run-up seen since November, analysts remain bullish on these counters.
- 01 Dec 1212:36 AMLast month, when Novelis commissioned Asia’s largest beverage can recycling plant in South Korea, it added one more feather in the Aditya Birla Group’s cap.
- 13 Nov 1212:31 AMIndia’s two standalone smelters without mine linkages, belonging to Hindalco Industries and Sterlite Industries, have reasons to be happy, with the International Copper Study Group (ICSG) saying the world could see supply surplus of copper
- 07 Nov 1212:50 AMThe current challenging environment where base metal prices remain under pressure saw Hindalco’s standalone performance during the September quarter come below Street expectations, resulting in the stock falling 1.9 per cent on Tuesday.
- 06 Nov 1206:40 PMNovelis Inc, a subsidiary of India’s Hindalco Industries has reported a net profit of Rs 269.5 crore as against Rs 660 crore in the second quarter of last year mainly driven by lower adjusted EBITDA and a tax benefit in the prior year that did not02:35 PMTotal revenues for the company stood at Rs 6,164 crore as against Rs 6,272 crore for the same quarter last year. Pure earnings or EBITDA were Rs 515 crore crore versus Rs 660 crore last year.
- 31 Oct 1202:35 PMHindalco Industries has moved higher by over 3% at Rs 115 on the Bombay Stock Exchange after Essar Power, a subsidiary of the LSE-listed Essar Energy, said that its Mahan coal block in Madhya Pradesh has received stage one clearance from the Ministry of
- 17 Sep 1204:45 PMWhile companies are shying away from capital expenditure amid a slowing economy, billionaire Kumar Managlam Birla-promoted Hindalco Industries has achived financial closure for Rs 9,896 crore debt for its greenfield smelter project at Lapanga in Odisha in12:53 AMAccording to the state mining department, the company has so far excavated about 16 million tonnes from this one, at Talabira in this district.
- 14 Sep 1210:53 AMShares of metal companies have surged more than 3% each after the U.S. Federal Reserve announced another aggressive stimulus plan to buy mortgage-related debt and other assets until the outlook for jobs improves.
- 29 Aug 1201:39 PMShares of metal companies are under pressure second day in a row falling up to 5% in noon trades on the Bombay Stock Exchange (BSE).
- 24 Aug 1202:04 AMAbout 15 kms from the idyllic hilly town of Semiliguda in South Odisha’s Koraput district, the stage is set for an encore of the Niyamgiri-type agitation, as the tribals gather at the foothills of Mali Parbat to protest against bauxite mining by