- 01 Sep 1411:45 AMA special court today asked the CBI to clarify whether 'rule of law' was followed in allocation of coal blocks to top industrialist Kumar Mangalam Birla's Hindalco.
- 30 Aug 1412:46 AMBauxite mining by Aditya Birla owned Hindalco Industries has came to a grinding halt in the Mali Parbat area near Semiliguda in south Odisha's Koraput district with the district administration imposing prohibitory orders under Section 144 of CrPC.
- 26 Aug 1412:49 AMThe Supreme Court order terming coal block allocations since 1993 "illegal" has raised the spectre of cancellation over the natural resource-linked sector.
- 25 Aug 1402:46 PMMetal stocks lost ground on Monday with the S&P BSE Metal index losing over 3% in intra-day deals after the Supreme Court (SC) held that guidelines were breached in coal block allocation during the previous government’s (United Progressive12:11 PMThe Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) said on Monday it would close a coal scam case against billionaire Kumar Mangalam Birla and a former top bureaucrat that surfaced in 2012 after a government auditor's report.
- 15 Aug 1412:36 AMAluminium major Hindalco's net profit declined 31 per cent to Rs 347 crore in the June quarter compared to last year on lower margins in the aluminium business and higher power and interest costs.12:13 AMAditya Birla Group company Hindalco on Thursday announced a 37 per cent rise in revenue for the quarter ended June at Rs 7,996 crore, compared with Rs 5,838 crore in the corresponding period last year.
- 17 Jul 1405:44 PMMetal stocks gained ground on Thursday with the S&P BSE Metal index rallying nearly 2.5 per cent and outperforming the benchmark indices - the S&P BSE Sensex and the CNX Nifty - that ended flat after remaining range-bound for most part of the day.
- 15 Jul 1405:30 PMShares of aluminium major Hindalco have risen 24% over the last six months, on expectations of a robust growth in earnings in the first quarter of the current fiscal.
- 02 Jul 1412:35 AMHindalco shares hit a 35-month high of Rs 177.10 on Tuesday before closing 6.8 per cent higher at Rs 175 apiece, as research firm CLSA upgraded the stock from 'sell' to 'buy'.
- 01 Jul 1410:06 AMHindalco Industries has rallied 7% to Rs 176, also its highest level since July 2011 on NSE, after CLSA upgraded the stock to buy from sell rating with a target price of Rs 215.Brokerage house CLSA forecast stock will double in 4 years on
- 02 Jun 1412:49 AMDebnarayan BhattacharyaIn the past five years, Aditya Birla Group metal flagship Hindalco Industries spent Rs 35,000 crore to increase aluminium production capacity to 1.3 million tonnes from 0.6 mt.
- 29 May 1411:45 PMAluminium maker Hindalco Industries reported a standalone net profit of Rs 248 crore for the quarter ending March 2014, near half of the Rs 482 crore in the corresponding period of the previous year as a one-time loss of Rs 396 crore on tax issues shrunk05:00 PMLeading metals producer Hindalco Industries today reported a 48.51% decline in standalone net profit to Rs 248.15 crore in the fourth quarter ended March 31, mainly due to exceptional items.
- 27 May 1407:01 PMAlthough “no-go area&" has ceased to exist, trouble has yet not ended for Mahan Coal Ltd in Madhya Pradesh.
- 20 May 1412:39 PMShares of metal companies are trading firm in otherwise subdued market with the S&P BSE Metal Index hitting a two-year high today. In past three trading sessions, the index has rallied 10% as against 2% rise in benchmark index.09:41 AMThe markets seem to have taken a pause as they seek to digest the stupendous gains witnessed in the past week till Monday. The Sensex is quoting at 24,402, higher by a modest 43 points and the Nifty is at 7,282, up 19 points.
- 02 May 1401:25 PMShares of metal companies are under selling pressure after LMEX, a gauge of six metals traded on the London Metal Exchange (LME), declined for the fifth straight trading session on Thursday, May 1, 2014.Jindal Steel and Power (JSPL), Tata Steel, Hindalco
- 26 Apr 1412:24 AMUtkal Alumina International Limited (UAIL), a subsidiary of Aditya Birla Group owned Hindalco Industries, is looking at alumina production of one million tonne in 2014-15 from its refinery at Kashipur in south Odisha's Rayagada district.
- 25 Apr 1403:18 PMThe Environment Ministry may meet next week to take up the issue of granting clearance for diversion of forest land pertaining to Hindalco's coal mining project in Odisha.