- 17 Jul 1405:44 PMMetal stocks gained ground on Thursday with the S&P BSE Metal index rallying nearly 2.5 per cent and outperforming the benchmark indices - the S&P BSE Sensex and the CNX Nifty - that ended flat after remaining range-bound for most part of the day.
- 15 Jul 1405:30 PMShares of aluminium major Hindalco have risen 24% over the last six months, on expectations of a robust growth in earnings in the first quarter of the current fiscal.
- 02 Jul 1412:35 AMHindalco shares hit a 35-month high of Rs 177.10 on Tuesday before closing 6.8 per cent higher at Rs 175 apiece, as research firm CLSA upgraded the stock from 'sell' to 'buy'.
- 01 Jul 1410:06 AMHindalco Industries has rallied 7% to Rs 176, also its highest level since July 2011 on NSE, after CLSA upgraded the stock to buy from sell rating with a target price of Rs 215.Brokerage house CLSA forecast stock will double in 4 years on
- 02 Jun 1412:49 AMDebnarayan BhattacharyaIn the past five years, Aditya Birla Group metal flagship Hindalco Industries spent Rs 35,000 crore to increase aluminium production capacity to 1.3 million tonnes from 0.6 mt.
- 29 May 1411:45 PMAluminium maker Hindalco Industries reported a standalone net profit of Rs 248 crore for the quarter ending March 2014, near half of the Rs 482 crore in the corresponding period of the previous year as a one-time loss of Rs 396 crore on tax issues shrunk05:00 PMLeading metals producer Hindalco Industries today reported a 48.51% decline in standalone net profit to Rs 248.15 crore in the fourth quarter ended March 31, mainly due to exceptional items.
- 27 May 1407:01 PMAlthough “no-go area&" has ceased to exist, trouble has yet not ended for Mahan Coal Ltd in Madhya Pradesh.
- 20 May 1412:39 PMShares of metal companies are trading firm in otherwise subdued market with the S&P BSE Metal Index hitting a two-year high today. In past three trading sessions, the index has rallied 10% as against 2% rise in benchmark index.09:41 AMThe markets seem to have taken a pause as they seek to digest the stupendous gains witnessed in the past week till Monday. The Sensex is quoting at 24,402, higher by a modest 43 points and the Nifty is at 7,282, up 19 points.
- 02 May 1401:25 PMShares of metal companies are under selling pressure after LMEX, a gauge of six metals traded on the London Metal Exchange (LME), declined for the fifth straight trading session on Thursday, May 1, 2014.Jindal Steel and Power (JSPL), Tata Steel, Hindalco
- 26 Apr 1412:24 AMUtkal Alumina International Limited (UAIL), a subsidiary of Aditya Birla Group owned Hindalco Industries, is looking at alumina production of one million tonne in 2014-15 from its refinery at Kashipur in south Odisha's Rayagada district.
- 25 Apr 1403:18 PMThe Environment Ministry may meet next week to take up the issue of granting clearance for diversion of forest land pertaining to Hindalco's coal mining project in Odisha.
- 17 Apr 1404:00 PMThe markets resumed their election-led euphoria, after the brief interlude in the past three trading sessions, led by secular buying in index heavyweights and a rebound in the hitherto-beaten IT stocks.02:33 PMThe markets are going strong this afternoon, having recouped the losses of the previous session, led by the strength in banking heavyweights and a rebound in the hitherto-beaten IT stocks.12:27 AMEven as the deadline for completing the coal allocation scam probe is fast approaching, the Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) is yet to take a call on whether to call industrialist Kumar Mangalam Birla for questioning.
- 16 Apr 1406:18 PMThe Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) is still indecisive on whether it will call industrialist Kumar Mangalam Birla for questioning, even as the agency is just two weeks away from the deadline of completing the coal probe.
- 15 Apr 1412:48 AMHindalco, the Aditya Vikram Birla Group’s metals giant, has emerged as the biggest value creator for its shareholders in 2013-14 in terms of market capitalisation.
- 14 Apr 1410:37 PMHindalco's acquisition of Novelis in 2007 for around $6 billion has been one of the largest acquisitions in the industry.
- 25 Mar 1405:48 AMThe Hindalco stock, which hit a low of Rs 118 in early trade on Monday, losing more than a per cent compared to the previous close, bounced back to close at Rs 121.5, a gain of 0.25 per cent.