- 22 Jul 1403:44 PMIT services major Infosys today said it has secured a multi-year deal from automaker maker Daimler AG for the management of infrastructure services and data centres.12:48 AMInfosys, India’s second-largest information technology (IT) services company, is considering strengthening its sales teams, especially in the key markets of Europe and the US. For this, the company is planning to hire locals in these geographies.
- 18 Jul 1404:08 PMGlobal venture capital (VC) funding in Healthcare IT sector more than doubled with $1.8 billion raised in 161 deals in the second quarter this year, marking the first billion dollar quarter for the sector, says a report.
- 17 Jul 1408:22 PMInfosys Co-Founder and Non-Executive Vice Chairman S Gopalakrishnan has donated $1.8 million (around Rs 10.8 crore) to Carnegie Mellon University (CMU) to establish a research partnership between the university and the Centre for Brain Research (CBR) at12:56 AMIn yet another instance of a former American employee alleging harassment at Infosys Technologies, one Layla Bolten has sued the Bangalore-headquartered information technology firm in that country.
- 14 Jul 1409:44 AMInfosys has dipped over 4% to Rs 3,185 in early morning deals, erasing its entire gain recorded in last week, on the National Stock Exchange (NSE).12:32 AMBangalore-based Infosys’ better-than-expected performance in April-June (first quarter or Q1) has led several analysts to believe the country’s second largest information technology (IT) services company would raise its FY15 revenue growth
- 13 Jul 1410:35 AMState-owned life insurer LIC has shored up its stake in Infosys to 3.82%, purchasing shares worth about Rs 1,100 crore in the April-June quarter.
- 12 Jul 1412:56 AMInfosys, India’s second largest information technology (IT) services company, ended the first quarter of financial year 2014-15 with better-than-expected earnings and the management indicating that most of the company-specific issues may now be a12:45 AMInfosys is facing a challenge of double-digit attrition, which many believe could rise further in the next quarter (July-September) before peaking out.12:43 AMInfosys Chief Executive Officer S D Shibulal believes he is leaving a much healthier organisation for his successor Vishal Sikka but admits there are several challenges the company needs to overcome.12:41 AMAfter two decades at India's second-largest information technology (IT) services company Infosys, U B Pravin Rao was recently elevated to chief operating officer.12:30 AMWeak growth, high attrition and declining share of top clients in revenue continue to plague Infosys.
- 11 Jul 1407:18 PM"Change is a part of life" were the parting words of S D Shibulal, the outgoing CEO of Infosys, who started the IT company with six friends over three decades back and turned it into an over $8 billion entity.05:28 PMIndia's second largest IT firm Infosys today said it will contribute Rs 240 crore this fiscal to its philanthropic arm, Infosys Foundation, for funding corporate social responsibility (CSR) activities.12:04 PMFaced with challenges in the public sector, country's second largest software services firm Infosys today said it may see slower pace of growth in its India business revenues as it refocuses on its strategy.09:53 AMShares of information technology (IT) companies are trading higher in the range of 1-4% on the National Stock Exchange (NSE) after Infosys reported a better-than-expected consolidated net profit for the first quarter ended June 30, 2014 (Q1).09:24 AMInfosys is trading 3% higher at Rs 3,395 on the NSE (National Stock Exchange) after the company reported a better-than-expected consolidated net profit at Rs 2,886 crore for the first quarter ended June 30, 2014 (Q1).12:24 AMWeak growth, high attrition and declining share of top clients in revenue continue to plague Infosys.
- 10 Jul 1407:06 PMWelcoming the Narendra-Modi-led NDA government's maiden Budget 2014-15, industry players said it sets the tone for attaining higher growth trajectory, job creation and attracting investments for an economy grappling with multiple challenges.