- 01 Sep 1412:58 AMTobacco-to-hotels conglomerate, ITC, has finalised a blueprint for its own brand of 'white revolution'.
- 24 Aug 1412:55 PMTobacco-to-FMCG conglomerate ITC has replaced Tata group's IT giant TCS as the country's most admired company on a Fortune magazine list, which has got as many as 19 new entrants including Cognizant, Birla group firm Idea Cellular and discom BSES Rajdhani
- 11 Aug 1409:38 AMWith two key events - the general elections and the Union Budget behind them, the focus seems to have shifted to the defensive or safe haven stocks from the fast moving consumer goods (FMCG), information technology (IT) and pharmaceutical sectors.
- 06 Aug 1403:58 PMFMCG giant ITC is India's most admired company, followed by engineering major L&T and Hindustan Unilever Ltd, according to a list compiled by Fortune India with global management consultancy Hay Group.01:14 PMFMCG giant ITC is the most admired Indian company, followed by L&T and Hindustan Unilever (HUL).
- 04 Aug 1407:26 PMITC has increased the prices of some of its cigarette brands by up to 23%. While the new stocks with revised prices are yet to hit the market, smokers are already being asked to pay more than the maximum retail price printed on cigarette packs.
- 31 Jul 1412:42 AMTobacco-to-hospitality giant ITC wants presence in new business segments such as fruit juices, tea & coffee, chocolates.12:32 AMITC is ready to enter the e-cigarettes business, but intellectual property rights (IPR) issues are coming in the way, said ITC chairman Y C Deveshwar.
- 30 Jul 1409:36 AMStrong performance by the cigarette business came as a surprise, but could not fully offset the impact of weaker margins for ITC in the June quarter.12:50 AMMeeting Street expectations, tobacco-to-hospitality major ITC has reported net profit of Rs 2,186.4 crore in the June quarter - a growth of 15.6 per cent compared to Rs 1,891.3 crore in the year-ago period.
- 28 Jul 1412:48 AMIndia's little penetrated but overcrowded Rs 2,500-crore deodorant market has thrown a surprise.
- 30 Jun 1405:42 PMFearing a disruptive tax regime for cigarettes, the market has re-rated shares of ITC, expecting a decline in cigarette volumes and earnings. While the stock has fallen 12% over the last month and a half, its multiples have compressed over the last year.
- 28 Jun 1412:57 AMHealth Minister Harsh Vardhan's recent request to Finance Minister Arun Jaitley - for an increase in tax on cigarettes from 45 per cent to 60 per cent in the coming Budget - seems to have had a serious impact on cigarette smokers' pockets.
- 27 Jun 1407:48 AMOwing to the all-round rally after the election results, most stocks are trading at rich valuations.
- 26 Jun 1412:52 PM"ITC is a strong consensus buy - yet one of the worst-performing stocks in our coverage over the past 12 months - trailing the Sensex by 35%," the investment bank said in a note.
- 24 Jun 1408:28 AMIn bid to curb the consumption of tobacco products (including cigarettes) in India, the health minister, Dr Harsh Vardhan, has proposed to increase the excise duty on cigarettes by 100% in the upcoming union budget.
- 23 Jun 1410:45 PMWorries over a higher tax burden on cigarette prices hit the shares of ITC, the tobacco giant, dragging these down seven per cent on Monday, the highest single-day fall in six and a half years.
- 13 Jun 1404:36 AMIf the term of the previous National Democratic Alliance (NDA) government (1998-2004) is anything to go by, consumer goods companies such as Hindustan Unilever Ltd (HUL), ITC, Nestle, Godrej Consumer and Dabur are in for a rough ride.
- 11 Jun 1408:43 AMQ4FY2014 was yet another quarter of a dismal operating performance from the FMCG companies.
- 10 Jun 1412:39 AMWills Lifestyle, ITC's retail fashion label, is increasing its focus on luxury and e-commerce. Atul Chand, divisional chief executive, ITC Lifestyle Retailing, tells Alokananda Chakraborty how.