- 25 Jul 1412:50 AMIndia's largest steel maker Tata Steel on Thursday raised Rs 9,000 crore ($1.5 billion) in dollar denominated bonds in the international markets.
- 22 Jul 1412:47 AMTata Steel, India's largest steelmaker, has kicked off road shows in Europe and Southeast Asia to raise funds and reduce debt, say sources privy to the development.
- 21 Jul 1403:38 PMAnticipating operating performance of Tata Steel to improve in next three years, Standard & Poor's Ratings Services today revised its outlook on the steel major to stable from negative earlier.01:21 PMStandard & Poor's Ratings Services said today that it had revised the outlook on Tata Steel UK Holdings (TSUKH) to stable from negative. At the same time, the agency affirmed its 'BB-' long-term and 'B' short-term corporate credit rating on TSUKH.
- 17 Jul 1405:44 PMMetal stocks gained ground on Thursday with the S&P BSE Metal index rallying nearly 2.5 per cent and outperforming the benchmark indices - the S&P BSE Sensex and the CNX Nifty - that ended flat after remaining range-bound for most part of the day.
- 03 Jul 1405:42 PMThe Odisha government will recommend to the development commissioner, Falta Special Economic Zone (SEZ) for extending the validity of Tata Steel's SEZ at Gopalpur by one year.12:40 AMIn 2003, when Tata Steel set up its branding team, it was just the first step in a long journey to de-commoditisation.
- 02 Jul 1410:07 AMTata Steel rose 1.22% to Rs 547.95 after the company said it will restructure UK strip products business to improve competitiveness.12:45 AMThe Tata Steel plant in Port Talbot, South WalesTata Steel on Tuesday said it would cut about 400 jobs at its Port Talbot plant in South Wales, around 10 per cent of the workforce, as it looks to reduce costs to compete better in the strip products
- 30 Jun 1412:34 AMB Muthuraman, vice-chairman of Tata Steel and former president of the Confederation of Indian Industry, shares with Mayank Mishra his reservations on the land acquisition Act.
- 27 Jun 1412:02 AMWork has resumed on Thursday at Tata Steel's Kalinganagar plant site following an amicable meeting held on Wednesday between the company's senior management and representatives of the workers in the presence of the district administration, a
- 26 Jun 1412:49 AMOver a century old Tata Steel will begin steel production outside Jamshedpur by the end of the current financial year. Eight months ago, T V Narendran, 49, was entrusted with the task of preparing the company for this, as its youngest managing director.12:43 AMTata Steel Ltd is tapping into the lowest foreign loan rates in six years to cut the cost of debt that funded its 2007 takeover of the UK's Corus Group.
- 24 Jun 1412:35 AMAt least 17 people were injured today after clashes between the workers and the security personnel of Tata Steel at its Kalinganagar plant.12:02 AMAt least 17 people were injured today after clash between workers and security personnel of Tata Steel at its Kalinganagar site.
- 17 Jun 1406:10 PMTata Steel will seek shareholders nod to raise up to Rs 14,000 crore through privately placed debt securities in domestic as well as global markets.12:39 AMThe Orissa High Court on June 11 ordered the state government to restrain from taking a decision on the grant or renewal of Tata Steel's mining licence for chromite mines in Sukinda in Jajpur district till June 19, the next hearing.
- 16 Jun 1408:18 PMThis story has been modified. Please see the correction at the end.
- 10 Jun 1412:52 PMThe meeting of inter-ministerial group on coal blocks to look into the issue of bank guarantees related to 61 mines allocated to firms such as ArcelorMittal, Tata Steel and JSPL has been postponed from today to tomorrow.
- 06 Jun 1405:35 AMDoes the stock market expect a rally in global steel prices? The share prices of India’s top steel makers such as Tata Steel, JSW Steel, Steel Authority of India (SAIL) and Jindal Steel & Power have rallied by a little more than 50 per cent from