- 27 Aug 1412:07 AM"Unique among such adventures, unique in its advantages and unique in its difficulties"-this is how J R D Tata once described the growth trajectory of Tata Steel, formerly Tata Iron and Steel Company (Tisco).
- 26 Aug 1405:36 AMThe Supreme Court's (SC) decision on coal block allocations since July 1993 hit investor optimism that the new government will be able to facilitate faster clearances.12:15 AMA mammoth exercise conducted by the Odisha government recently to revise iron ore output data of 187 miners for a period of 10 years starting 2000-01 will not have any impact on the Rs 59,000 crore penalty order issued for excess production, officials
- 25 Aug 1406:20 PMTata Steel Managing Director T V Narendran has been appointed as the chairman of the governing board of XLRI-Xavier School of Management, Jamshedpur.02:46 PMMetal stocks lost ground on Monday with the S&P BSE Metal index losing over 3% in intra-day deals after the Supreme Court (SC) held that guidelines were breached in coal block allocation during the previous government’s (United Progressive
- 22 Aug 1407:48 PMIndian metal producers often deal with higher capital, freight and labour cost to set up and operate a greenfield industry and hence, must get raw material supply security to grow, said T V Narendran, Managing director of Tata Steel (India and Southeast12:35 AMThe rise in royalty rates for minerals, approved by the Cabinet Committee on Economic Affairs, is good news for states, whose revenues will rise about Rs 4,000 crore on an annual basis.
- 21 Aug 1407:06 PMThe royalty rate hikes on minerals approved by the Cabinet Committee on Economic Affairs may be good news for States that will see higher revenues to the tune of about Rs 12,000 crore, but it will push up costs for the mining industry and the users of
- 15 Aug 1412:29 AMTata Steel, the world's seventh largest producer in the sector, will save 40-45 basis points (bps) on interest after recently refinancing its $1.5-billion debt via a bond issue.
- 14 Aug 1401:59 PMMarkets reacted modestly to Tata Steel despite a massive 70.4% decline in consolidated net profit at Rs 337.3 crore for June 2014 as compared to Rs 1,139 crore in the corresponding period last fiscal.12:44 AMTata Steel has posted a 70 per cent year-on-year fall in consolidated net profit for the quarter ended June this year at Rs 337.33 crore, against the Bloomberg estimate of Rs 1,048.5 crore.
- 10 Aug 1411:10 AMProposed mining lease to global giant Tata Steel in 1,808 hectares of thick forests of Saranda in Jharkhand should be made "inviolate area" and be included into conservation reserve, Justice M B Shah Commission has recommended.
- 08 Aug 1406:58 PMTata Steel has shut down its 50,000 tonnes per annum ferroalloys plant at Bamnipal in Keonjhar district of Odisha due to unavailability of raw material.04:19 PMThe Supreme Court on Friday quashed criminal proceedings against J J Irani, former Tata Steel joint managing director, for causing the death of 60 persons in a fire which broke out in 1989 when the company officials were celebrating the founder’s
- 30 Jul 1403:36 PM"The work is progressing well. We are on schedule with the construction work at the plant.
- 25 Jul 1412:50 AMIndia's largest steel maker Tata Steel on Thursday raised Rs 9,000 crore ($1.5 billion) in dollar denominated bonds in the international markets.
- 22 Jul 1412:47 AMTata Steel, India's largest steelmaker, has kicked off road shows in Europe and Southeast Asia to raise funds and reduce debt, say sources privy to the development.
- 21 Jul 1403:38 PMAnticipating operating performance of Tata Steel to improve in next three years, Standard & Poor's Ratings Services today revised its outlook on the steel major to stable from negative earlier.01:21 PMStandard & Poor's Ratings Services said today that it had revised the outlook on Tata Steel UK Holdings (TSUKH) to stable from negative. At the same time, the agency affirmed its 'BB-' long-term and 'B' short-term corporate credit rating on TSUKH.
- 17 Jul 1405:44 PMMetal stocks gained ground on Thursday with the S&P BSE Metal index rallying nearly 2.5 per cent and outperforming the benchmark indices - the S&P BSE Sensex and the CNX Nifty - that ended flat after remaining range-bound for most part of the day.