- 27 Aug 1407:00 PMWith container volume growth surging in the month of July and growth outlook expected to improve in the coming quarters, Container Corporation (Concor) is well placed to reap the upsides.05:19 PMGold financiers- Muthoot Finance (Muthoot) and Manappuram Finance (Mannapuram) are on the verge of a turnaround.09:04 AMGold financiers- Muthoot Finance (Muthoot) and Manappuram Finance (Mannapuram) are on the verge of a turnaround.01:35 AMSanofi India's recent tie-up with Emcure Pharmaceuticals to jointly market their portfolio of anti-cancer drugs is positive.12:47 AMShree Cement's stellar fourth quarter and FY14 (year ends in June) performance and the news of the company planning to acquire a grinding unit of Jaypee Group at reasonable valuations add to its positives.12:36 AMPower companies are in for tough times, with the Supreme Court (SC) terming all coal block allocations since 1993 illegal.12:07 AM"Unique among such adventures, unique in its advantages and unique in its difficulties"-this is how J R D Tata once described the growth trajectory of Tata Steel, formerly Tata Iron and Steel Company (Tisco).
- 26 Aug 1405:36 AMThe Supreme Court's (SC) decision on coal block allocations since July 1993 hit investor optimism that the new government will be able to facilitate faster clearances.01:35 AMApollo Hospitals Enterprise has risen 20 per cent from its closing lows of Rs 966 on August 6 to its 52-week high of Rs 1,164 currently.12:56 AMIf the drop in sales over the past two years is anything to go by, India's dream of putting seven million electric vehicles on road by the end of this decade has come a cropper.12:50 AMA poor monsoon, about 25 per cent below normal, leading to drought in many districts, seems set to hit sales for consumer durables and appliances companies.
- 25 Aug 1401:36 PMIndian handsets manufacturers have slowly started to make a dent into the market share of multinationals in the domestic market. Earlier this month a report by Counterpoint Research claimed that Gurgaon-based Micromax has dethroned Samsung.12:40 AMWhen Dabur India announced a 13.3 per cent increase in its consolidated net profit for the first quarter ended June 2014, it was riding on an 8.3 per cent rise in volumes and small price hikes.
- 24 Aug 1412:07 AMIn the tech crash of the early 2000s, on-demand delivery services like Kozmo and Webvan weren't just among the most colossal failures. They also became a sort of grim joke, symbolising the excess that portended the bust.
- 23 Aug 1401:31 AMThe stocks of Asian Paints, Berger Paints and Kansai Nerolac have outperformed the S&P BSE Sensex since July. While the first two made new highs in August, Kansai Nerolac touched its all-time high last month.12:38 AMFor the past four months, there have been rumblings across alcohol beverages companies about the non-renewal of a section of bar licences in Kerala.
- 22 Aug 1405:12 PMFew finance ministers have had it so good for them recently as Arun Jaitley. Apart from an almost-stalled policymaking apparatus, the previous UPA government had to fight twin deficits of current account and fiscal.12:48 AMThe world's entire annual energy need could be met if there was a way to capture just one hour's worth of the solar energy continuously beamed at Earth.12:46 AMSnowman Logistics, the cold chain subsidiary of listed parent Gateway Distriparks and country's largest player in the segment, is expanding capacity of its temperature controlled and ambient warehouses.12:36 AMInvestors remain wary of telecom stocks, as the sword of Damocles continues to hang over the sector. Some years ago, the regulatory overhang was a big concern and now it is faced with the prospect of a Goliath (aka RIL Jio) re-entering the sector.