- 02 Sep 1406:04 PMThe launch of anti-asthma metered dose inhalers by Cipla in Germany and Sweden boosted market sentiments.05:50 PMThe technology sector continues to hold the attention of investors. Tech Mahindra has emerged as a top pick in the sector, thanks to the strong revenue momentum and deal wins.04:47 PMIn a move that could affect the fortunes of Vijay Mallya, United Bank of India (UBI) declared Kingfisher Airlines, Mallya himself and three directors of the company – Subhash R Gupte, Ravi Nedungadi and Anil Kumar Ganguly – as wilful05:45 AMNestle India’s scrip has significantly outperformed the benchmark S&P BSE Sensex since July.02:34 AMDr Reddy’s Laboratories scrip continues to gain on the back of growth momentum in its US generics business.
- 01 Sep 1411:37 PMThere is a correction to this article, which can be seen at the end.There has been an improvement in the financial metrics of construction and infrastructure companies in 2013-14 aided by a flurry of fund-raising and asset sales.09:32 PMLast week, the Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) was forced to close two high-profile investigations. One was related to coal block allocations, against the industrialist Kumar Mangalam Birla and the retired bureaucrat P C Parakh.06:55 PMThe company's renewed focus on innovations and new product launches along-with expectations of revival in discretionary spends as well as urban demand are key reasons for the street turning bullish on the company.12:14 AMMost old hands in the stock market remember the BSE's ornate trading floor. Between 12 noon and 2 pm, brokers used to gather there and shout their buy/sell orders.
- 30 Aug 1402:26 AMThe stock of DLF, the real estate major, has shed 13 per cent over the past month on earnings downgrades and an interim order by the Supreme Court (SC) to deposit Rs 630 crore in an antitrust case.12:22 AMEmerging markets are where the big growth is for automakers. Now local competition watchdogs are using their heft to upend the car parts industry.
- 29 Aug 1403:35 AMStocks of Power Finance Corporation (PFC) and Rural Electrification Corporation (REC) have underperformed the S&P BSE Sensex recently by a huge margin.01:36 AMThe news of Cairn India getting environmental clearance for increasing oil and gas production from the prolific Rajasthan block did provide some boost to investor sentiment, as the stock regained some lost ground from its 52-week lows.
- 28 Aug 1401:28 PMContrary to belief that the markets would correct in the backdrop of bond-buying taper by the US Federal Reserve, nervousness ahead of the general elections, burgeoning current account deficit given the rupee - dollar equation, if you had invested Rs01:35 AMWith container volume growth surging and growth outlook likely to improve, Container Corporation of India (Concor) is well placed to reap the upsides. In July this year, container volumes were up nine per cent, year-on-year, marking a 32-month high.12:31 AMA deal between Pfizer and AstraZeneca is looking a little harder following the three-month cooling-off period since takeover talks collapsed in May.12:30 AMFor over a decade, Tata Group-promoted Indian Hotels Company, which controls the luxurious Taj Hotels and Resorts, went on an expansion spree overseen by its managing director, Raymond Bickson.
- 27 Aug 1405:19 PMGold financiers- Muthoot Finance (Muthoot) and Manappuram Finance (Mannapuram) are on the verge of a turnaround.09:04 AMGold financiers- Muthoot Finance (Muthoot) and Manappuram Finance (Mannapuram) are on the verge of a turnaround.01:35 AMSanofi India's recent tie-up with Emcure Pharmaceuticals to jointly market their portfolio of anti-cancer drugs is positive.