- 19 May 1301:13 AMThe April trade deficit statistics caused some panic. Crude imports of course, continue to be by far the largest import item. The second largest remains precious metals. Crude imports were up 4 per cent compared to April 2012, rising to $14.1 billion.
- 17 May 1308:30 AMK Subramanayam, AVP - Institutional Research at Asit C Mehta Securities spoke to Surabhi Roy on his views on Indian markets in the near-term and outlook going ahead.08:28 AMThe NSE Nifty needs to sustain above 6,160 for continued up move on Friday. On the upside, the index can look to test the higher end of the Bollinger Band around 6,215-odd levels on the daily charts.08:22 AMRange bound on charts (302-280) close above/below would add trigger in the direction.12:30 AMSupport at 6,125. Resistance above 6,190. The uptrend seems intact.
- 16 May 1308:29 AMRichard Gibbs, Global Head of Economics, Macquarie Research tells Puneet Wadhwa in an interview that foreign investors are firmly focussed on the major economies where central banks are aggressively pursuing growth-orientated policies.08:28 AMThe NSE Nifty settled at a fresh 2-1/2 year high on Wednesday on the back of aggressive buying in banking and capital goods shares.08:24 AMStrong resistance is expected around 234, stock has bounced from its support (212) which could also be considered as strict stoploss for short term. Best trading strategy would be buy on dips...01:29 AMBreakout to new 52-week high. Next key resistance is the all-time high 6,357 (way back in January 2008).
- 15 May 1310:30 PMOil and gas regulator PNGRB has slashed KG D6 pipeline tariff of GAIL by 80 per cent to Rs 5.56/mmbtu with retrospective effect from November 2008. The pipeline has a rated capacity of 16mmscmd and the volumes carried in FY12 and FY13 were 14.7mmscmd and12:36 PMSmartinvestor : Markets have rebounded today led by rate sensitive shares.The Nifty has managed to stay above the 6,100 levels in intra-day trades.08:30 AMThe NSE Nifty may seek support around 5,970 in the near term. Fresh weakness can be expected only on sustained trade below 5,970, wherein the index can slip to 5,920-odd levels or further lower to 5,870-odd levels.08:27 AMNear term trend would turn positive/bullish only when stock trades & closes above 212, till than expect range bound on charts.08:20 AMMajor equity benchmarks consolidated in trade today and closed flat shrugging off 41-month low April WPI inflation number of 4.89 percent, way below RBI's comfort zone.12:49 AMAshima Goyal, one of the external members of the Technical Advisory Committee of the Reserve Bank of India and professor of economics at the Indira Gandhi Institute for Development Research, Mumbai, talks to Neelasri Barman on inflation expectations and
- 14 May 1310:30 PMThe index hardly moved yesterday. A swing session today could take it till either 5,925 or 6,075. A strangle of long 6,200c (18) and long 5,800p (22) could gain 15-20 if there is a big swing.04:20 PMThe deal pipeline is expected to be good given the global liquidity situation and growth opportunities in India, says Sunil Sanghai, managing director and head of global banking (India), HSBC, which has handled recent three big deals -- Jet Airways-Etihad11:07 AMEssar Oil’s (ESOIL) Q4FY13 profit of Rs 2.0 bn surpassed our Rs 1.1bn estimate due to marginally higher throughput and higher other income which was partly offset by Rs 1.11bn CDR exit expenses.08:51 AMThe NSE Nifty has given a sharp trend reversal on the daily charts. The index had rallied 640-odd points in the last five weeks or so. A 38.2 per cent retracement of the rally, could see the index slide to 5,870-odd levels in this correction.08:50 AMMuch expected correction witnessed, as majority indicies were in overbought zone.