- 02 Sep 1406:10 PMMid-sized IT services companies Mindtree, during the past few years, has seen the exit of four of its founding team members including, the latest one S Janakiraman, president and chief technology officer.
- 01 Sep 1412:50 AMIt will be tough for India to grow its manufacturing sector by relying exclusively on exports the way China did.12:35 AMArun Duggal, chairman of Shriram Capital, who heads the Federation of Indian Chambers of Commerce and Industry (Ficci)'s centre for corporate governance, has been closely involved with a mentoring initiative to get more women on corporate boards.12:11 AMHaiyan Wang (co-author) and I have been doing research, writing and consulting on topics related to China and India for over 10 years. Girija Pande (co-author) was, until recently, chairman, Asia Pacific for TCS.
- 31 Aug 14Why don't we have enforceable laws instead of creating a real estate regulatory body, asks Anshuman Magazine12:49 AMThe Supreme Court's adverse verdicts against two major real estate firms, DLF and Supertech, show consumer activism is at its peak in the business.12:45 AMWhen Namit Malhotra started Prime Focus in the late 90s, he had one goal in mind-making the company the best in the field of 3D conversion, visual effects and animation services. A decade and a half later, he continues on this mission.
- 30 Aug 1412:16 AMCivil aviation secretary Ashok Lavasa is set to take charge as secretary in the ministry of environment, forests and climate change. In an interview with Sharmistha Mukherjee, Lavasa looks back at his stint in the civil aviation sector.
- 28 Aug 1408:32 PMThe newly-appointed director of Indian Institute of Management, Bangalore (IIMB) Sushil Vachani has set his eyes far for IIMB.12:49 AMIn December 2010, when Hero announced the end of its joint venture, Hero Honda, some detractors predicted a dire future for the Indian two-wheeler company. Honda supplied the technology for products that Hero largely localised for the Indian market.12:39 AMCreador, a private equity (PE) firm focused on long-term investments in growth-orientated businesses in Indonesia, Malaysia, Singapore and India, recently announced the final close of its second fund, Creador Fund II, upon receiving commitments of $300
- 26 Aug 1406:34 PMBangalore-based information technology (IT) services company, Mindtree, has enjoyed the 'best mid-sized' player tag for several years now.12:49 AMICICI Bank, the country’s largest in the private sector, in a move to take ahead a financial inclusion strategy, plans to add another 1.5 million bank accounts this financial year, Rajiv Sabharwal, executive director, tells Nupur Anand.
- 25 Aug 1411:58 AMDeepak Khetrapal, managing director and chief executive officer, Orient Cement talks to Ujjval Jauhari on the company's strategy, outlook for cement demand and realisations, monsoon impact and capex plans.12:48 AMRural India already accounts for 60 per cent of Jabong.com's revenues but the e-commerce player wants more.12:17 AMETFs are not as popular in India as they are in developed markets.12:13 AMAn effective after-sales strategy allows customers to touch the brand.
- 23 Aug 1412:33 AMThe Narendra Modi government proposes to introduce a new urban development mission replacing the Jawaharlal Nehru National Urban Renewal Mission (JNNURM).
- 22 Aug 1407:46 AMAshok Leyland has been adopting various strategies to cut the debt in its books, from reducing working capital to reducing manpower, selling off non-core assets, however, the best way to do is perhaps by increasing profits.12:48 AMThe Aditya Birla Group's flagship firm Hindalco and its North American subsidiary Novelis, are set to reap the dividend of new facilities set up during the post-Lehman lean years.
- 21 Aug 1406:24 PMWhile several Indian information technology (IT) services companies are today looking at engineering, and research and development services (ERS) with increased interest, Delhi-based HCL Technologies has remained focused on the segment for several years.