- 01 Aug 1412:49 AMEven though higher expenses and lesser gains from foreign exchange impacted Tech Mahindra’s net profit, the company posted a healthy top line growth in the June quarter.12:47 AMDespite reporting better than expected profits and showing a robust deal pipeline, HCL Technologies disappointed the Street with muted revenue and volume growth during the June quarter.
- 31 Jul 1405:36 PMV Shankar, managing director and chief executive officer of Rallis India, the Tata Group company whose products cater to the agriculture sector, talks to Ujjval Jauhari on the monsoon performance, its likely impact, strategies and prospects.12:32 AMChennai-based Indian Overseas Bank’s chairman and managing director, M Narendra, says it has room to raise Rs 3,500 crore via infrastructure bonds, in an interview to Manojit Saha.12:23 AMSamena Capital, the private equity fund focused on Asia and North Africa, manages $700 million across private equity, credit and hedge fund seeding.
- 30 Jul 1406:48 PMJust within five years of starting its India operations, professional networking platform, LinkedIn has seen exceptional growth in India, from just around 3.4 million member base in November 2009 to now over 27 million, a cumulative growth of over 500 per12:48 AMFlipkart, the poster boy of Indian e-commerce, hit a new high by raising $1 billion (about Rs 6,000 crore) in the latest funding round, led by existing investors Tiger Global Management and Naspers.12:42 AMHexaware Technologies, a mid-sized information technology and business process outsourcing company, on Monday appointed R Srikrishna as its chief executive.
- 29 Jul 1406:18 PMOwners of Pune-based Serum Institute of India, the Poonawalla’s have thrown the hat to acquire the iconic Grosvenor Hotel in UK from Sahara Group.10:34 AMAfter spending the last one year struggling with low volume growth, Hindustan Unilever (HUL) reported a 6 per cent number for the June quarter, taking the street completely by surprise.12:49 AMHindustan Unilever (HUL)'s Managing Director Sanjiv Mehta talks about the company's performance at a media interaction.
- 28 Jul 1412:13 AMThere is a belief that there is an online retail and there is an offline retail and that there is a distinction between the two.
- 27 Jul 1412:47 AMThe posting of adverse comments and content on social media websites such as Facebook and Twitter has led to many arrests recently.
- 26 Jul 1412:49 AMDespite posting satisfactory financial performance during April to June for the fourth quarter in a row and sharing a robust 1.7 to four per cent revenue growth forecast for the July-September quarter, Wipro received negative reaction from investors.
- 25 Jul 1410:32 PMGirindre Beeharry begins our breakfast by answering a question I haven't asked. "People often ask us about our motive," the soft-spoken country director of the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation says.06:22 PMEdelweiss Financial Services has announced 41% growth in net profit in the April-June quarter. Rashesh Shah, chairman & chief executive officer, on the reasons; he also tells Manojit Saha they're evaluating the new niche bank licence norms.
- 24 Jul 1412:38 AMSAIF Partners, a leading VC and PE firm which manages over $1 billion funds of investments in India, recently inked a funding deal with Noida-based TravelTriangle.com, an online marketplace for travel agents, for Rs 10 crore.
- 21 Jul 1412:13 AMNissan India is struggling to go beyond a single-digit market share since its foray into India.
- 20 Jul 1410:35 PMRajiv Memani, chief executive and country managing partner of EY India and chairman of Confederation of Indian Industry’s tax committee, tells Sudipto Dey why there is a need to defer the implementation of the General Anti Avoidance Rule (GAAR).12:47 AMEli Lilly and Company, in the insulin segment, says there is a need for clarity in the policy framework as the pharmaceutical business is risky and requires huge investments.