- 28 Aug 1412:49 AMIn December 2010, when Hero announced the end of its joint venture, Hero Honda, some detractors predicted a dire future for the Indian two-wheeler company. Honda supplied the technology for products that Hero largely localised for the Indian market.12:39 AMCreador, a private equity (PE) firm focused on long-term investments in growth-orientated businesses in Indonesia, Malaysia, Singapore and India, recently announced the final close of its second fund, Creador Fund II, upon receiving commitments of $300
- 26 Aug 1406:34 PMBangalore-based information technology (IT) services company, Mindtree, has enjoyed the 'best mid-sized' player tag for several years now.12:49 AMICICI Bank, the country’s largest in the private sector, in a move to take ahead a financial inclusion strategy, plans to add another 1.5 million bank accounts this financial year, Rajiv Sabharwal, executive director, tells Nupur Anand.
- 25 Aug 1411:58 AMDeepak Khetrapal, managing director and chief executive officer, Orient Cement talks to Ujjval Jauhari on the company's strategy, outlook for cement demand and realisations, monsoon impact and capex plans.12:48 AMRural India already accounts for 60 per cent of Jabong.com's revenues but the e-commerce player wants more.12:17 AMETFs are not as popular in India as they are in developed markets.12:13 AMAn effective after-sales strategy allows customers to touch the brand.
- 23 Aug 1412:33 AMThe Narendra Modi government proposes to introduce a new urban development mission replacing the Jawaharlal Nehru National Urban Renewal Mission (JNNURM).
- 22 Aug 1407:46 AMAshok Leyland has been adopting various strategies to cut the debt in its books, from reducing working capital to reducing manpower, selling off non-core assets, however, the best way to do is perhaps by increasing profits.12:48 AMThe Aditya Birla Group's flagship firm Hindalco and its North American subsidiary Novelis, are set to reap the dividend of new facilities set up during the post-Lehman lean years.
- 21 Aug 1406:24 PMWhile several Indian information technology (IT) services companies are today looking at engineering, and research and development services (ERS) with increased interest, Delhi-based HCL Technologies has remained focused on the segment for several years.12:46 AMTata Power last week received a distribution licence up to August 2039 to supply electricity in the city of Mumbai and some of its suburban areas. Managing Director Anil Sardana talks to Sanjay Jog on their plans.12:39 AMRehan Yar Khan, a serial entrepreneur, has led 15 early-stage investments in various companies including Druva, Olacabs, Reach Accountant, Sapience, among others.
- 20 Aug 1412:49 AMMartin Sorrell, chief executive of WPP, the world's largest marketing communications company, is never short of words.
- 18 Aug 1412:12 AMIn markets disrupted by constant change and a relentless quest for efficiency, one of the most coveted corporate virtues is innovation.12:10 AMWith digitisation gaining momentum, marketers are playing catch-up with consumers instead of the other way round.
- 15 Aug 1412:49 AMViber is one of the fastest growing instant messaging applications. With unique features such as doodles, stickers and voice notes, it accounts for about 400 million users across 193 countries, including 25 million in India.
- 13 Aug 1405:16 PMLarsen & Toubro has come under fire from analysts and investors after its first quarter results for FY15. L&T's group Chief Financial Officer R Shankar Raman explains the company’s point of view in an interview with Malini Bhupta.12:33 AMThe businesses of transaction banking, trade finance and securities settlement are a lot more attractive to bankers in the current uncertain economic environment than a decade ago.