- 23 May 1312:44 AMBajaj Auto Managing Director Rajiv Bajaj has been fighting a year-long battle to get permission from the government to allow quadricycles as a new vehicle category, despite strong opposition from the Tatas and Maruti Suzuki.12:44 AMNarayanan S L, Sun TV CFO Kalanithi Maran-owned Sun TV Network has decided to increase advertisement tariff by an average 19%. The decision comes at a time when the company reported a 15% growth in advertisement, which was led by FMCG.
- 22 May 1312:49 AMReliance Life Insurance is looking to strengthen and build a sustainable agency force to achieve business growth. Anup Rau, the new chief executive officer, discusses the strategies for growth in an interview with M Saraswathy.12:46 AMJust a couple of hours after iGate issued a statement announcing termination of the employment contract of Phaneesh Murthy, its president and chief executive officer, he addressed queries of journalists in India through a conference call.12:44 AMAfter his termination as president and chief executive of iGate, Phaneesh Murthy, in a conference call with reporters, claimed he had informed the company about his relationship with a subordinate employee, and, therefore, it wasn’t a violation of12:44 AMThe government recently decided to re-examine the mandate of its farm produce price-setting body, the Commission for Agricultural Costs and Prices (CACP), on a complaint from a section of farmer bodies of the Minimum Support Prices (MSPs) not being12:16 AMFrom watches to jewellery to backpacks, Titan Industries has for the past 12 years under Managing Director Bhaskar Bhat stepped into segments that have been highly unorganised and brought in an element of high brand recall, thus sculpting consumer trends.12:13 AMHis passion for super bikes resulted in DSK Group foraying into the super biking segment with strategic partnership with leading Korean brand Hyosung.
- 21 May 1305:16 PMThe Securities and Exchange Board of India which has completed 25 years of operations has moved a long way from being a regulator of markets which relied on the out-cry system to one which is grappling with co-location and algorithmic trading technologies12:48 AMIDFC Ltd, which revamped itself by forming a whole new management team eight years ago, is changing course with the infrastructure sector now facing several headwinds.12:29 AMPower2SME is a buying club that pools demand for raw materials from hundreds of SMEs. Its founder and CEO R Narayan tells Rajiv Shirali how he aims to help Indian SMEs by allowing them to access a large pool of quality suppliers.
- 18 May 1312:40 AMMost infrastructure projects Reliance Infrastructure had kicked off in 2006-07 have started operations. Chief Executive Officer Lalit Jalan says the infrastructure business is in a hyper-growth phase.
- 17 May 1312:49 AMReliance Capital has posted a decline in the net profit for the quarter ended March due to a onetime gain that has accrued in the fourth quarter of 2011-12 by of selling stake in the life insurance company.
- 16 May 13We've been patient & tried to understand India's needs - it's a challenge and an opportunity: Juvencio Maeztu12:49 AMPatience has kept IKEA, the euro 27-billion Swedish retailer, going despite entry hurdles. So says Juvencio Maeztu, its chief executive officer for India.
- 15 May 1302:13 PMIt has been more than 20 months since Ford launched a new model in India with the last model launch being Fiesta in 2011. There was a 17% decline in Ford India sales last year at little more than 77,000 units.
- 13 May 1303:26 PMR Chandrasekaran, Cognizant Nasdaq-listed Cognizant has reported a 18.1% growth in revenue during the first quarter at $2.02 billion as compared to $1.71 billion during the same quarter of 2012, beating Street's estimates.12:07 AMThe first Vijay Sales was opened by my father, Nanu Gupta, at Mahim in Mumbai in 1967. It was just a 200 sq ft shop, and he sold only television sets. Black-and-white television sets were the craze then.
- 11 May 13Real estate regulator Bill will see light of the day soon; it is in the interest of all stakeholders: R V Verma08:57 PMThe Central Registry of Securitisation Asset Reconstruction & Security Interest of India (CERSAI) portal would be open to the public by mid-June, says R V Verma, chairman and managing director of National Housing Bank (NHB), a shareholding bank in12:33 AMAjay Piramal, chairman of Piramal Enterprises, who sold his company's local drug business to Abbott for Rs 17,500 crore in 2010, has since invested in telecom and non-banking financial companies.
- 10 May 13Our products sold through SBI are simple & scope of mis-selling is limited: Bhaskar J Sarma & Steve Hollow12:48 AMPrivate sector general insurer SBI General Insurance was able to control losses in its third year of operations, and has 208 per cent premium growth for FY13. In the first media interaction after taking over the top positions, Bhaskar J Sarma, MD &