- 16 Sep 1412:48 AMMumbai-headquartered Cipla Global, known for its patent challenges worldwide to bring low-priced generics to the table, is opting for a change in strategy.
- 15 Sep 1412:34 AMThe new companies Act has generated a mixed response from corporate India.12:10 AMIt is difficult to provide customised experience if you have millions of customers.
- 14 Sep 1412:01 AMAbanti Sankaranarayanan, managing director of Diageo India, is quietly putting in place a slew of strategic measures to drive operations after Diageo plc acquired a 54 per cent stake in United Spirits for Rs 18,500 crore.
- 13 Sep 1404:56 PMMMTC PAMP has proposed the government the re-launch of a Gold Monetisation Scheme (GMS) with 2-3% interest and a minimum 40-50 grams of gold deposits.12:48 AMHarris Diamond, chairman and chief executive, McCann Worldgroup, part of the Interpublic Group, was in India to announce McCann South Asia head Prasoon Joshi's elevation to an Asia-Pacific role. Sudipto Dey caught up with him.
- 12 Sep 1405:05 PMThrough the past two years, automobile and auto component manufacturers have battled slow sales, undertaking a series of cost-cutting measures.
- 11 Sep 1411:47 PMOn her maiden visit to India as chief executive officer of General Motors, Mary Barra visited the company’s facility in Talegaon, Pune, drove cars, and met suppliers, dealers and the business community to understand the needs of the Indian customer.
- 10 Sep 1402:44 PMGreaves Cotton has seen a decline in profitability during the last financial year due to incubation of loss making units. Now, the company has closed and hived off all loss making units to concentrate on profit making ones.12:49 AMONGC Videsh Ltd, the Rs 22,000-crore overseas exploration arm of state-run ONGC Ltd, is emerging from a phase of constrained production.
- 08 Sep 1412:13 AMThere are so many changes happening in entertainment. For example, HD has taken off. You don't know what the next disruptive technology in cinema could be. Flipkart was valued ten times more than (Kishore) Biyani's retail business.
- 05 Sep 1412:58 AMArundhati Bhattacharya, who completes a year as State Bank of India chairman this month-end, says she sees much more optimism now than six months ago.
- 04 Sep 1412:49 AMDeepak Narang, executive director of United Bank of India (UBI), which has declared Kingfisher Airlines’ promoter Vijay Mallya, as well as board members of the airline, wilful defaulters, talks to Manojit Saha on the bank’s strategy to12:43 AMCanadian minister Tony Clement is on a visit to India (September 1-4) to explore investment and trade opportunities as well as to touch base with the new government here.12:39 AMReebok, in its new-formed strategy of being a fitness brand with a strong focus on women, has effected a price increase.
- 03 Sep 1402:18 PMOn Tuesday, Defiance Technologies Limited, a Hinduja Group Company, has been renamed as Hinduja Tech Limited and unveiled a new logo.12:39 AMMid-sized information technology services company Mindtree has, during the past few years, seen the exit of four of its founding team members, including most recently S Janakiraman, president and chief technology officer.
- 01 Sep 1412:50 AMIt will be tough for India to grow its manufacturing sector by relying exclusively on exports the way China did.12:35 AMArun Duggal, chairman of Shriram Capital, who heads the Federation of Indian Chambers of Commerce and Industry (Ficci)'s centre for corporate governance, has been closely involved with a mentoring initiative to get more women on corporate boards.12:11 AMHaiyan Wang (co-author) and I have been doing research, writing and consulting on topics related to China and India for over 10 years. Girija Pande (co-author) was, until recently, chairman, Asia Pacific for TCS.