- 21 Jul 1412:13 AMNissan India is struggling to go beyond a single-digit market share since its foray into India.
- 20 Jul 1410:35 PMRajiv Memani, chief executive and country managing partner of EY India and chairman of Confederation of Indian Industry’s tax committee, tells Sudipto Dey why there is a need to defer the implementation of the General Anti Avoidance Rule (GAAR).12:47 AMEli Lilly and Company, in the insulin segment, says there is a need for clarity in the policy framework as the pharmaceutical business is risky and requires huge investments.
- 19 Jul 1412:42 AMTata Consultancy Services (TCS) might have managed to spring a surprise with better-than-expected Q1 results, what matters is maintaining consistent growth.
- 18 Jul 1412:49 AMInfrastructure financier IDFC’s stock hit a 52-week high on Wednesday, after the Reserve Bank of India eased lending rules for long-term bonds which banks can issue to fund infrastructure and affordable housing.12:34 AMThe Uttar Pradesh government has drawn up a road map for rapid industrialisation of the state. A slew of big projects —Lucknow Metro Rail, Lucknow-Agra Expressway and IT City — are expected to add value to ‘Brand UP’.
- 17 Jul 1405:20 PMThe past two years have been tough for companies, with economic growth slowing and demand falling. Ajay Srinivasan, chief executive officer, financial services, Aditya Birla Group, talks to Malini Bhupta on the outlook for the financial sector.12:47 AMIn September last year, Ashok Vemuri left behind a likely opportunity to head India's second largest information technology services firm, Infosys, and moved to the Nasdaq-listed IGATE Corp as president and chief executive officer.
- 16 Jul 1412:49 AMIBM, the global information technology giant, has signed a multi-year engagement with micro finance provider Janalakshmi Financial Services (JFS).
- 15 Jul 1412:48 AMThe former managing director of Vijaya Bank, H S Upendra Kamath, took over as managing director and chief executive officer of the 93-year old private sector lender Tamilnad Mercantile Bank (TMB) four days ago.12:47 AMWith generation capacity of about 43,000 Mw, NTPC has been at the fore of all government programmes related to power.
- 14 Jul 1412:47 AMOne of the top five personal computer makers in the world, Asus recently made its foray into the smartphone segment with the ZenFone.12:29 AMS Gurumurthy, long known for his advocacy of ‘swadeshi’ economics and known to provide intellectual advice for the Rashtriya Swayamsevak Sangh, speaks to Sanjay Jog on the government’s move to raise the cap on foreign direct12:13 AMInnovation has to happen at two levels in an organisation - at a day-to-day business level and in the long term, which takes several years to build and grow, Thomas Schoenwaelder tells Devina JoshiCompanies are always speaking of creating a culture of
- 13 Jul 1412:42 AMSenior Congress leader and former Union minister M Veerappa Moily, who handled crucial portfolios such as corporate affairs, petroleum, law and environment in the United Progressive Alliance (UPA) government, tells Kavita Chowdhury that the Narendra
- 12 Jul 1412:43 AMInfosys Chief Executive Officer S D Shibulal believes he is leaving a much healthier organisation for his successor Vishal Sikka but admits there are several challenges the company needs to overcome.12:41 AMAfter two decades at India's second-largest information technology (IT) services company Infosys, U B Pravin Rao was recently elevated to chief operating officer.
- 11 Jul 1406:20 PMAir India today became the first Indian airline to join Star Alliance, the world’s largest airline grouping operating around 18,500 flights to 1316 destinations across 192 countries.
- 10 Jul 1412:39 AMAfter closing its maiden fund of Rs 100 crore, Exfinity Fund, the technology-focused fund promoted by IT sector veterans including T V Mohandas Pai, Deepak Ghaisas, Girish Paranjpe and V Balakrishnan, invested in Virtual Power Systems (VPS), a US-based
- 09 Jul 1409:39 PMZomato, the restaurant search service, is valued around Rs 1,000 crore, following the latest $37-million (Rs 228 crore) funding by Sequoia Capital.