- 17 May 1301:47 AMStrong brand recall amongst both advertisers and consumers and first mover advantage in its voice business are the key strengths of Just Dial, India's largest local search database provider.
- 18 May 1312:53 AMThe non-cigarette fast-moving consumer goods (FMCG) segment of ITC has recorded its maiden profit, helping the cigarette-to-hotel major post 19.4 per cent increase in net profit in the fourth quarter of 2012-13.Price increases in cigarettes and the
- 20 May 1308:36 AMIt was an eventful last week for the pharmaceutical sector.
- 11 May 1303:40 AMJewellers and gold traders expect a favourable Akshaya Tritiya this year (Monday), with gold prices falling in the past few days.
- 15 May 1312:12 PMIt seems like a late reaction by the markets, especially the interest rate sensitive stocks, to the drop in inflation to 41-month low level of 4.89% that has rekindled hopes of a rate cut by the Reserve Bank of India (RBI).
- 10 May 1311:00 AMIndia's industrial production growth rose at a pace of 2.5 per cent in March, after its moderate growth of 0.6 per cent in February 2013. The Index of Industrial production had registered a growth rate of 2.4 per cent in January 2013.The cumulative05:48 AMRakesh Jhunjhunwala hasn't had much luck in some companies in his portfolio, with a number of them tumbling in the recent mid-cap carnage. However, the ace investor has gone ahead and selectively raised stake in some of these, having trimmed in others.
- 22 May 1312:50 AMFive out of the 50 stocks that make up the National Stock Exchange's Nifty index have not only underperformed the recent rally, but also they have lost money for investors even as the index rose more than eight per cent.12:54 AMPhaneesh Murthy, a high-flyer of the information technology industry, has come crashing down for the second time in 11 years over charges of sexual harassment.
- 14 May 1311:30 AMA day after Tata Steel announced an impairment or non-cash write down of $1.6 billion, the company's stock was down 0.8 per cent in early trades to Rs 303. The write-off was largely due to the company's struggling European operations, where demand has