- 09 Dec 1312:36 AMBaljeet Singh's Bolero jeep was insured with United India Insurance for Rs 4.70 lakh from January 20, 2010 to January 19, 2011. It was stolen on June 27, 2010, while parked near Noida.
- 08 Dec 1312:19 AMOn a short trip to London, K Sable realised the importance of having a comprehensive travel insurance policy. The policy came to his rescue when his baggage and passport were misplaced.
- 05 Dec 1306:35 PMTypically, an insurance or agent gives numbers like 10-15% of the sum assured. But if it were true and for a product which has a tenure of 10-20 years, it would compete with a good mutual fund or blue-chip stock.
- 02 Dec 1310:39 AMAn investor spends an incredible amount of time deciding on his investments, the tenure and the returns that will be fetched but on a realistic note, the repercussions of an unforeseen event and the actual recipient of the investment amount
- 01 Dec 1312:09 AMInsurance companies can now settle their inter-company balances in a quicker and easier manner, thanks to the Insurance Clearing House (ICH), proposed by the Insurance Regulatory and Development Authority (Irda).
- 29 Nov 1302:18 AMOne of the features that health insurance companies highlight while selling a policy is the cashless scheme.
- 25 Nov 1306:33 PMTravelling abroad this December? Remember this: The rupee depreciation has not only increased the cost of travelling in the US and Europe, but other costs like insurance cover has also become more expensive.
- 18 Nov 1312:49 AMGiven the rising costs of healthcare and medicines, sudden hospitalisation can play havoc with anyone's carefully planned budget. A routine procedure can easily cost up to Rs 1 lakh. In such a scenario, having a health cover has become essential.12:45 AMI am a doctor by profession. A friend suggested I buy an indemnity policy.12:44 AMWhen his father was suffering from stress and heart diseases, Sujay Santra, an employee at Oracle in Bangalore, admitted him to a hospital in that city.12:43 AMInsurers mostly ask a policyholder requesting to port-in a policy to produce his or her health insurance policy papers of the past four years. They mostly check the terms of the policy and the claim history.