- 10 Mar 1403:03 PMRetail investors would be safer if they don't get overexcited by the surge in the Bombay Stock Exchange, or Sensex, last week. Not that it is easy to ignore 800-point a-week spike in the benchmark index.05:06 AMOn March 3, the Ministry of Finance announced a hike, of up to 0.2 per cent, in interest rates on fixed-deposit schemes offered by post offices.03:05 AMFinding the best ETF is daunting especially when one is spoiled for choice. Take any sector and you'll find as many as 50 large-cap value ETFs - and hundreds of them across all parameters.12:10 AMA senior executive with an information technology company had a sizable corpus from the sale of home properties he had invested in over the years. He decided to invest in equities and sought the services of a Portfolio Management Services (PMS) entity.12:08 AMFor the better part of 2013, investors were ignoring traditional valuation indicators and going for companies with a great revenue potential or where the market opportunity seemed huge.
- 07 Mar 1402:48 AMThe government seems to have come to the rescue of potential car buyers. By cutting the excise duty on passenger cars and sports utility vehicles in the Interim Budget, it has encouraged car makers to cut prices.
- 04 Mar 1405:03 AMIf you are a first-time equity investor and want to save tax, invest in equity-linked savings schemes (ELSS) with equities first and then consider investing under the Rajiv Gandhi Equity Savings Scheme (RGESS).
- 03 Mar 1405:54 AMAs of December 2012, banks had a total of Rs 3,652 crore of unclaimed deposits. As of March 2013, insurance companies had Rs 4,865 crore of unclaimed policies.12:58 AMMutual Fundr image via ShutterstockInvestors might soon be allowed to buy in cash mutual funds (MFs) worth up to Rs 50,000, without declaring their Permanent Account Number (PAN).
- 02 Mar 1412:28 AMAtharva Kumar was worried. His company was downsizing and he had just completed the unenviable task of having to hand over the pink slips to the large team that reported to him.12:26 AMWorldwide, March 8th is celebrated as Women's Day. With women constituting a major part of the work force and contributing equally, if not more, than men to the household income in urban India, they need to pay more attention to their finances as well.