- 20 Aug 1412:50 AMWith interest rates continuing to remain high, the demand for short-term corporate bonds has seen a rise.
- 19 Aug 1403:59 PMIndexation is the process that takes into account inflation from the time you bought the asset to the time you sell it. The way it works is that it allows you to inflate the purchase price of the asset to take into account the impact of inflation.
- 18 Aug 1405:37 AMThis is a good time to revisit your portfolio and rejig it, says Arvind Rao, chartered accountant and founder of Arvind Rao & Associates.04:40 AM'You should always have a strong bank balance," is typical parental advice to a son or daughter. However, following that advice could actually hurt your finances.12:47 AMIn a recent article in Business Standard ("Why derivatives are a Pyrrhic triumph for our equity markets", July 21) Praveen Chakravarty and T V Somanathan question the quality of India's equity derivatives market.
- 17 Aug 1412:45 PMTo safeguard investors' interest, new norms for the launch of Real Estate Investment Trusts (REITs) in India will require such bodies to take adequate insurance cover for their realty assets and bar them from promising any guaranteed returns.12:46 AMSixty seven years is a long time in the life of man - indeed, it is about the average Indian's life expectancy today.
- 14 Aug 1412:09 PMThere seems to be a renewed interest in arbitrage funds. In fact, I recently read an article in the media advising investors to use such funds to park their short-term cash.
- 13 Aug 1406:52 PMLaunch of new alternative investment funds (AIFs) could take a breather till the time the government resolves controversy around the recent circular issued by the Central Board of Direct Taxes (CBDT).
- 12 Aug 1405:44 PMThe real estate industry received a much-needed boost recently when Sebi finally cleared guidelines for the Real Estate Investment Trusts (REITs). This gives the cash-strapped industry a new route to tap capital.07:24 AMWant to participate in the real estate boom without the hassles of complicated documentation? Real Estate and Infrastructure Investment Trusts, or Reits, might be a good option.