- 23 Apr 1402:26 AMFresh tax-free bond issues are unlikely before October-November. This is why listed bonds are being traded more on the stock exchanges and on the over-the-counter market.
- 21 Apr 1405:19 AMEquity-based compensation or stock-based incentive plans are widely used by organisations worldwide for their perceived benefits in the long run to both employers and employees.
- 16 Apr 1403:53 PMA gold purchase plan that lets you buy at a discount to today's prices provided you take delivery after a few years may sound like an attractive proposition.
- 15 Apr 1408:30 AMRetirement Planning in India is not an easy job at all. Rising inflation numbers, slowing economy growth, love for Gold and of course too many financial products do not make life easy for any individual planning for retirement.
- 14 Apr 1411:27 PMAre you receiving emails or telephone calls from banks advising you to invest in recurring deposits because there is no tax deducted at source (TDS) in this case? Remember, such investments aren’t tax-free.12:10 AMA family with four children had a daughter prone to severe mood swings. She was also physically very weak, due to which she could not get married or have a family of her own.12:08 AMThe stock market has hit a new high. As on April 10, the Sensex touched an intra-day high of 22,792.49, closing at 22,715.33. However, many equity mutual fund schemes are still trying to catch up with the markets.12:04 AMIs this the right time to revisit one's portfolio? The markets are moving up and we are expecting a stable government. My goals haven't changed, though.
- 13 Apr 1412:38 AMWorking women have to often juggle multiple roles - of manager, mother, wife, daughter, etc. And amid all that, they have to ensure that they keep their financial independence as well.12:37 AMFrancis Galton, the pioneering statistician, was once at a village fair watching a competition to guess the weight of a dead ox. About 800 people took guesses and none of them was close to the mark.
- 11 Apr 1401:59 AMWith the listing of the Goldman Sachs Mutual Fund – Central Public Sector Enterprises (CPSE) exchange-traded fund (ETF) – retail investors who did not get a chance to participate in the new fund offering can do so by buying or selling at the