- 30 Jul 1412:45 AMIt is widely believed that urban residential property in India is an excellent asset for large returns. But, is this borne out by data? Not really.
- 29 Jul 1407:01 PMLast week, Tata Consultancy Services (TCS) crossed the Rs 5 lakh crore market capitalisation mark.
- 28 Jul 1412:47 AMBudget 2014-15 had a lot of goodies for the aam aadmi.
- 25 Jul 1407:07 AMThe Sensex has gained almost 10 per cent from May 15 till date, while the CNX Infrastructure Index has gained almost 17 per cent in the period.12:40 AMFund houses are offering investors in one-year fixed maturity plans (FMPs) the option to roll over their investment for two more years, to reduce redemptions.
- 21 Jul 1402:30 AM"Dematerialising physical shares can be a horrible experience. It can take anywhere between three months to three years," warns Kartik Jhaveri, director, Transcend India. He should know. He is presently handling almost 15 such cases.
- 18 Jul 1412:48 AMThe Reserve Bank of India (RBI) clarified on Thursday resident individuals can buy immovable properties outside the country under the Liberalised Remittance Scheme (LBS).
- 17 Jul 1402:25 PMImagine this: Your monthly income scheme invests 60% in equities and 40% in debt. Ideally, it should be treated as an equity scheme and returns should be tax-free after one year. Wrong.05:50 AMThough the central government and the Reserve Bank of India have offered incentives for raising long-term bonds to fund infrastructure and affordable housing, investors' appetite for such instruments from insurance companies and pension funds seem
- 15 Jul 1404:06 PMAccording to Pune-headquartered PN Gadgil Jewellers' gold rush investment scheme if you invest Rs 1,000 for 36 months (Rs 36,000), then the jeweller pays you Rs 7,000. That is, return of 19.44%.
- 14 Jul 1405:38 PMKisan Vikas Patra (KVP) is set to make a comeback after two and a half years. Should you look at the once-popular small savings instrument as a viable investment option? The jury is out on that, but the considered view would be you should skip it.