- 14 Apr 1401:09 AMIf there's a quick way to expand a company's scale of operations, widen its product portfolio, expand into new geographies and add to its technological capabilities, it's through mergers and acquisitions (M&As).12:25 AMWith all the air fare discounts initiated by Indian carriers, you must have already chalked out your domestic travel plans. Or maybe, it's an international trip for you this year. Or you could still be checking out destinations to land an ideal fix.
- 06 Apr 1412:01 AMWith the government rejecting a proposal to club allowances with basic pay for provident fund deductions, the Employees' Provident Fund Organisation (EPFO) will soon issue a notification in this regard, a setback for over 50 million subscribers.
- 31 Mar 1412:29 AMThe Right to Information (RTI) Act was implemented in India nine years ago.
- 25 Mar 1412:07 AMIf you haven’t got an Aadhaar card till now, you probably won’t need one in the near future, at least.
- 03 Mar 1402:55 AM"Persons of any faith can adopt a child under the Juvenile justice (Care and Protection of Children) Act.
- 26 Feb 1404:40 AMRecently, the Bombay High Court (HC) adjourned hearing till March 10 the dispute between two sons of the late Bal Thackeray over their father's will.
- 27 Jan 1404:26 AMThe Reserve Bank of India (RBI) recently said it would completely withdraw from circulation all currency notes issued before 2005. The central bank has asked the public to exchange pre-2005 notes at bank branches starting from April 1, 2014. RBI said it
- 26 Jan 1401:29 AMTwo things will follow if you issue a cheque to your friend and it bounces. You will have to pay a penalty. Your friend, too, will be penalised by the bank where s/he deposits the cheque.
- 21 Jan 1412:29 AMSujay Verghese was shocked to receive a bill of Rs 4,500 towards his tablet's 3G (third-generation service) data charges. He had opted for a 2GB plan costing Rs 350 a month. "For the initial months, I did not use much data," he says.
- 20 Jan 1406:27 PMWith the financial year-end drawing to a close, fixed maturity plans (FMPs) that will mature in the next 18 to 30 months are in vogue as yields on these products have been higher.