- 24 May 1312:47 AMThe Insurance Regulatory and Development Authority (Irda) has assured the broking community that it would address issues raised by the latter, such as high penalties, short-term licences and service tax on reinsurance brokers.12:47 AMIndian insurance companies in operation for at least three years will be eligible for opening offices outside the country.12:30 AMBangalore-based certified financial planner Anil Rego recalls how a client of his was sold a single-premium unit-linked insurance plan (Ulip) by a bank representative on the pretext of a high-return fixed deposit.
- 21 May 1304:20 PMStrengthening its international co-operation, insurance sector regulator Irda has joined hands with some of its global peers for sharing and exchange of sectoral information.
- 17 May 1304:10 PMAmitabh Bachchan Amitabh Bachchan will make gains of at least 4,600% in the initial public offer (IPO) of Just Dial, and that’s only at the lower end of the price band.12:30 AMThe Income-Tax department has trained its guns on the wealth of high net worth individuals (HNIs).
- 16 May 1302:47 PMIn a divorce, what was once called "ours" gets divided into "his" and "hers.01:33 PMPrime Minister Manmohan Singh does not own any land, agricultural or non-agricultural, but owns a 1996 model Maruti 800 car and has movable assets, including fixed deposits, of over Rs 3.87 crore.
- 15 May 1302:02 PMThe Finance Ministry has approved payment of 8.5% rate interest for 2012-13, up from 8.25% in the previous fiscal, benefiting over 5 crore EPFO subscribers.01:50 AMVarious portfolio management service (PMS) providers are looking to register their tailor-made equity products under a category of the recently-introduced Alternative Investment Funds (AIF) segment that will enable them to become hedge funds.
- 11 May 1304:48 PMThe pension scheme run by the Employees Provident Fund Organisation (EPFO), a decades-old statutory body with 80 million members (on paper), doesn’t have the date of birth of almost any of them.