- 06 Mar 1412:14 AMImage via ShutterstockWith the government taking Rs 40,000 crore from public sector entities as interim dividend, banks are facing the heat.12:03 AMThe government has approved payment of 8.75 per cent interest on provident fund (PF) deposits in 2013-14 for the 50 million subscribers of the retirement fund body Employees' Provident Fund Organisation (EPFO).
- 05 Mar 1412:48 AMIn September 2010, guidelines on unit-linked products (Ulips) were announced. Soon, however, these products were almost wiped out of the market.12:46 AMHardening interest rates will have a beneficial impact on the earnings of small saving schemes.
- 04 Mar 1409:38 AMIn September 2010, the unit-linked product (Ulip) guidelines came out. Soon after, Ulips were almost wiped out of the market. Now four years later, these products have lost out to traditional products.12:50 AMThis year, deliveries of houses might exceed the numbers recorded in the last few years. According to estimates, 659,000 units will be added to the residential market this year.12:22 AMMuch of the time, minority shareholders of companies tend not to question steps taken by their boards.
- 03 Mar 1404:20 PMAllahabadBank today said it has increased its base rate or minimum lending rate by fivebasis points to 10.25 per cent.
- 02 Mar 1412:30 AMAfter run-ins with income tax authorities over alleged tax evasion, yoga guru Ramdev, better known as Baba Ramdev, now has rating agencies biting at his heels.
- 28 Feb 1406:02 PMPrivate insurance company c has appointed Tarun Chugh as its managing director.12:49 AMEven as demand in the real estate market remains sluggish, Delhi and Mumbai have recoded property price appreciation of 33.3 per cent and 22.65 per cent, respectively, through the last two and a half years, data show.