- 21 Jul 1404:56 PMThe government does not propose to increase interest rates for Employee Provident Fund Organization (EPFO) subscribers, Visnu Deo Sai, state minister for steel, mines, labour and employment informed the Lok Sabha today through a written reply.
- 20 Jul 1411:10 AMPreparing a Will is just a click away as brokerage firm HDFC Securities has launched 'e-Will' writing service.
- 19 Jul 1410:46 PMCentral provident fund commissioner K K Jalan wants a policy on inoperative accounts in the Employees Provident Fund Organisation (EPFO).He told Business Standard, "In every pension fund body, some amount always remains unclaimed.
- 15 Jul 1406:08 PMIn a notice to zonal officers, the EPFO headquarter directed its officers to initiate preparatory activities.
- 12 Jul 1412:05 AMThe overseas arm of leading infra lender and toll road operator IL&FS has raised 575 million yuans (around USD 92 million) from the Chinese debt market.
- 10 Jul 1405:38 PMTax experts hailed Budget proposals to raise income tax exemption cap to Rs 2.5 lakh, tax rebate on interest portion of home loan to Rs 2 lakh and investment sops of Rs 50,000, saying this will help increase savings and higher disposable income.04:15 PMThe Budget for 2014-15 today left income tax rates unchanged but provided sops to small and marginal assessees by raising the threshold exemption limit from Rs 2 lakh to Rs 2.5 lakh and investments under 80C by Rs 50,000 to Rs 1.5 lakh while promising not02:40 PMFinance Minister Arun Jaitley in his maiden Budget speech said all fresh cases arising out of the retrospective amendments of 2012 will be scrutinised by a high-level committee before any action is initiated in such cases.01:54 PMWhile the tax announcements in the Union Budget 2014 were not in line with expectations, Finance Ministry Arun Jaitley did try to offer small perks on the personal taxation front.01:43 PM"I propose not to make any changes in the tax rate.
- 09 Jul 1412:18 AMThe Insurance Regulatory and Development Authority (Irda) on Tuesday revised the file-and-use norms in the group and immediate annuity segments for life insurance companies.