- 13 Apr 1412:40 AMIdentity thefts can happen in numerous ways, ranging from simple to sophisticated techniques.
- 11 Apr 1408:49 AMTaxes, along with taxation rules are one of the most complex and confusing topics of any financial system.
- 01 Apr 1405:07 AMWith the financial year starting on Tuesday, being a little smart now will help earn better returns.
- 24 Mar 1407:13 AMFiling your tax returns is only one part of the Income Tax laws. It is equally important to have your assessment completed of the returns filed. After filing I-T returns, most tax payers don't bother about it unless they have filed for a tax refund.
- 22 Mar 1401:03 PMImagine this: An insurer has covered 500,000 people for weather, medical and other under a state insurance scheme, but pays 700,000 people. How does this happen? Either, the insurance company makes huge losses or the government pays for it.
- 18 Mar 1405:09 AMOver the next two weeks, the tax season for FY14 will come to an end. But if you are still fretting over having to pay high taxes, you have a way out. You could use members of your family - parents, children and spouse - for some additional deductions.
- 14 Mar 1403:20 AMSo, many must be in the process of finalising their tax-saving investments and other deductions they intend to claim for this financial year.
- 12 Mar 1409:47 AMIncome from house property is one among the taxable heads of income as per the Income Tax act. It constitutes the income earned from a property by his/her owner.
- 05 Mar 1409:28 AMBy now, you must be busy with tax planning for the year FY 2013-14. It’s that time of the year when you hear nothing but ‘saving tax’.05:01 AMIn an effort to meet the revenue targets, the Income Tax (I-T) department will be sending letters to 2.3 million assessees who have not filed returns. It has already issued letters to 2.45 million individuals.
- 03 Mar 1403:08 AMThe next time you shop online, pay by card at a merchant outlet, or buy or sell a house, check that you have filed your return and have nothing due with the taxman.